• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

10 inch 25cc small top handle chainsaw.

lee

Slightly Obsessed
25cc 10" top handle chainsaw.

I've ordered one of these up for general bushcraft use, there light weight and small perfect for firewood processing and shelter building also reasonably priced at around £70. . . Review to follow shortly :D

* Update. . . My review is now spread across below various posts in this thread.

Please wear full safety wear when working with any chainsaws and only operate a chainsaw after full safety training. I and/or the bushcraft forum take no responsibility for injury, death or damage resulting from the use of chainsaws. I am not a qualified safety or chainsaw expert, this review is my personal use/experience of this chainsaw only and not to be taken as instructions, advice, the use of, the operation of nor the handling and storage of chainsaws in any way. Top handle chainsaws are not for novice use.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...6cc+chainsaw.TRS0&_nkw=26cc+chainsaw&_sacat=0

image.jpeg

That's the :poo: m8 should do the job nicely. Could do a bit of log carving with that:thumbsup:

These 26cc saws are from China a few companies have got them with their own colour and logo and some sellers are doing deals by including extra chains, your better off bying the cheapest (without extra chains) and buying a quality well known brand chainsaw chain with the difference ;)

These are not a replacement for full size blade and engine chainsaw but are a replacement for your folding saw :rofl:

Video review I watched that pulled me in. . . . The saw performs well unlike the way the user uses and handles the saw!

Yeah a recon he could. A wonder if there a frero rod out there to go with it :rofl:

Would be more fun dumping out some fuel then sticking your fero rod in the ht lead sitting in on the chain and pulling the starter :rofl:

Hi Lee.

Just watched the video link......that is quite an impressive bit of kit for the money.......may have to have a punt at one.
Look forward to your findings and thoughts on it when you try it out:thumbsup:

"Say hello to my little friend"

Looking good so far apart from the damaged box! nothing seems to be damaged or missing, I will build it up, fire it up have a quick test and get the full review up over the weekend :D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It took 5 mins to build up, (bar goes on first then the chain) chain cover has to back back on clips end in first (see third pic) general build quality look fine, can't find anything lose, missing or misfitting. The chain is sharp and looks very reasonable, I checked all the links carefully before attaching!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Looking good, is there anything in the documentation about working temperatures, as in what it would go down to, thinking Sweden ?

One word. . . WOW what a great little saw this is and it cuts as good as my old husquavana, I think the husky will most likely be going to a new home now as it's just to big and heavy for light camp use, and on the first impressions of this 10" saw I will be ordering the 62cc version of this one with 16 and 24" bars and chains for my heavy work, only one gripp so far and that's the provided petrol and oil mixer bottle. . . its junk with a bad fitting lid that leaks when you shake it to mix the fuel, I will go into that further in the review and show a good fuel mixing and storage set up that I've been using for years, here's some pics of a quick test for now. (The wood that was cut wet cherry and a dry 4" fence post)

For the first use I soaked the chain and bar in oil before fitting, I put some oil down the bore (through spark plug hole) and pulled the starter a good few times (without fuel in the tank) to oil up the bearings and rings and soften any possible rust inside the engine, (if this was a used saw I would go took the cylinder head off for a quick inspection) I also made the first fuel mix oil rich (10/1) once started I let the saw idle for 5 mins with the brake engaged (the brake works fine) then run on and of light throttle for 5 minutes before any cutting to break in the chain and bar and to cheack the chain oil feed was working (it works fine) I can only imagine what this saw will be capable of with Oregon pro chain ;)

Please wear full safety wear when working with any chainsaws and only operate a chainsaw after full safety training. I and/or the bushcraft forum take no responsibility for injury, death or damage resulting from the use of chainsaws. I am not a qualified safety or chainsaw expert, this review is my personal use/experience of this chainsaw only and not to be taken as instructions, advice, the use of, the operation of nor the handling and storage of chainsaws in any way. This chain saw is not recommended for use by novices.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The chain needs adjusting after breaking in, this is standard on all chainsaws ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Back