• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

10 inch 25cc small top handle chainsaw.

Looking good, is there anything in the documentation about working temperatures, as in what it would go down to, thinking Sweden ?

There are instructions, I will have a full read later to see if there is a working temperature guidelines in the manual, there is a easy adjust idle screw outside the casing and a manual choke so with those adjustment options it will work fine in low temperatures in my opinion.

There is only one concern with the saw and that is I don't think I would recommend it to someone who has not used a chainsaw before as this one is a top handle version and I can see people becoming over confident with its use and only holding it via the top handle and not bothering to hold the side/top bar thus not being able to engage the brake in kick back, I think it's important someone understands and has experienced kick back with a back handle chain saw before using a top handle model.

Thank god these are not for sale in camping shops yet lol :eek:

One word. . . WOW what a great little saw this is and it cuts as good as my old husquavana, I think the husky will most likely be going to a new home now as it's just to big and heavy for light camp use, and on the first impressions of this 10" saw I will be ordering the 62cc version of this one with 16 and 24" bars and chains for my heavy work, only one gripp so far and that's the provided petrol and oil mixer bottle. . . its junk with a bad fitting lid that leaks when you shake it to mix the fuel, I will go into that further in the review and show a good fuel mixing and storage set up that I've been using for years, here's some pics of a quick test for now. (The wood that was cut wet cherry and a dry 4" fence post)

For the first use I soaked the chain and bar in oil before fitting, I put some oil down the bore (through spark plug hole) and pulled the starter a good few times (without fuel in the tank) to oil up the bearings and rings and soften any possible rust inside the engine, (if this was a used saw I would go took the cylinder head off for a quick inspection) I also made the first fuel mix oil rich (10/1) once started I let the saw idle for 5 mins with the brake engaged (the brake works fine) then run on and of light throttle for 5 minutes before any cutting to break in the chain and bar and to cheack the chain oil feed was working (it works fine) I can only imagine what this saw will be capable of with Oregon pro chain ;)

Please wear full safety wear when working with any chainsaws and only operate a chainsaw after full safety training. I and/or the bushcraft forum take no responsibility for injury, death or damage resulting from the use of chainsaws. I am not a qualified safety or chainsaw expert, this review is my personal use/experience of this chainsaw only and not to be taken as instructions, advice, the use of, the operation of nor the handling and storage of chainsaws in any way.

View attachment 8125 View attachment 8126 View attachment 8127 View attachment 8128 View attachment 8133

The chain needs adjusting after breaking in, this is standard on all chainsaws ;)

View attachment 8129

View attachment 8132
You can't argue with performance like that Lee

Final thoughts on the saw.

I've been using it all week and it's still performing exellent.
Below is a pic of a down cut through a knot so the saw is more than capable of making your Swedish candles ;)

The bag is very basic and I can't see the zip lasting long, the blade section is way to long this was not custom made for this saw but a general chainsaw bag however the bag will hold the saw, the chain oil, fuel bottle, tool kit gloves and saftey glasses so it will do the job, I will find a hard wearing tool or sports bag for it.

The mixing bottle is pure junk and the lid doesn't seal so it leaks fuel if not kept standing upright it's not safe so I recommend it be binned and for holding any fuel safely get a trianga fuel bottle, i up my fulel in 5 litre batches in a fuel can and I use a syringe for the correct measurements of two stroke fuel to add to the petrol I shake the 5 litre can before loading the 1 litre trianga bottle and also when refuelling the from the trianga to the saw.

Remember this is a top handle saw and not recommended for novices, always hold the side bar when using the saw and only use any chainsaw after professional training and whilst wearing full saftey wear.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Passed the final test, it cross cut these fresh fir trunks for Swedish candles with no problems I will post up a thread on Swedish candles shortly, :D

image.jpeg

That's the only thing bill. . . . No but you could mod a bar on the right side ;)

Nice post and pictures :thumbsup:

That little chainsaw is certainly doing its thing........any negative points about it that you have noticed Lee??
Still pondering over one.....or getting something in 18/20" range :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::)

Can't find any negatives with the saw other than the mixing bottle and bag are junk, the 10 25cc is small and light and doesn't kick back like a big saw but if size and weight don't matter get this with a 20 inch blade you can put any size bar and blade as a standard 20 it will be better for swedish candles and will deal with anything you need done it also works for lefties. I will be ordering one up as I've sold my old husqiavana, but for bushcraft the little 10 inch is all you need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hug-Fligh...754602?hash=item5437a41b2a:g:KzIAAOSwGtRXx6pm

Can't find any negatives with the saw other than the mixing bottle and bag are junk, the 10 25cc is small and light and doesn't kick back like a big saw but if size and weight don't matter get this with a 20 inch blade you can put any size bar and blade as a standard 20 it will be better for swedish candles and will deal with anything you needing it also works for lefties. I will be ordering one up

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hug-Fligh...754602?hash=item5437a41b2a:g:KzIAAOSwGtRXx6pm

Now that looks just the ticket......Look forward to your review if you get one Lee :thumbsup:

There is also a model In between bill a 16inch about 50cc. . . that saw above is 62cc lol that's a powerfull saw :eek: let me know you've read these posts I will move them to the chainsaw thread ;)

It will slide to off and you will make the kill :rofl: just think of all those Swedish Candles around camp :D

I know this is bit behind, but to all those who want a left handed chainsaw - they don't exist; it's a health & safety thing as the entire 'saw would have to changed around, not cheap! You cannot just swop the handles over, sorry.

Back