• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

10 inch 25cc small top handle chainsaw.

Lee,
It's not just the handle, you would have to completely re-engineer the whole thing; the chain must run on the outside of the users body, so you would have to swop over the chain sprocket/chain brake assembly, you cannot just turn it over as then the chain would run the wrong way around the bar; then there is repositioning the recoil starter, oil tank, fuel tank etc. etc..
I was once hired as a chainsaw operator and was given a 'saw to use that had no chain brake (it had been removed), I point-blank refused to use it, they had to hire a saw (with a bent bar!); the only reason I wasn't thrown off site was that I was the only one with a valid set of 'tickets'.

This little saw is still going well, I'm still using the original chain it was supplied with and gave it a sharpen today, very happy with this little saw it makes a winter came so much easier giving you more time to do other things and reduses a days fire wood prep to minutes instead of hours!

Still going strong, gave it a sharpen before hitting this lot today ;) should be dry for the August hog roast :mad-pig:

Josh will be happy there is some wood to chop after school :rofl:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Well it's been a while since I last used the saw, I got it out today to cut up some fire wood and I was thinking it probably won't start as the fuel is a few months old and I forgot to let it run dry of fuel the last time I used it but it started on the second pull! It's not good to leave 2 stroke fuel in the tank and carburettor of any motor as the water in the fuel separates and furs up the jet and other carburettor internal parts, I guess this saw is probably over jetted, I will pull the carb and have a look at the jet out of curiosity when I've got some free time as it could do with a service and check over I guess, I've just had a look to see if they are still about on eBay and there is only one seller with them now at the original price, other sellers have them at double the original price as it seems stock of them is running low, there may not be a reproduction of these in China as we all know they produce a line of a good seller then move on to the next idea so well worth considering one before they sell out in the UK as winter is approaching and fire needs become foremost once again, I will not go back to hand sawing fire wood unless I have to!

if you are pretty much only using it for chopping firewood at home then it may be worth considering an electric chainsaw.

I have an einhill 1840 and it has given five years of trouble free service; always ready to go when required and no fuelling issues!

easily capable of processing logs into discs for the real fun of splitting with an axe!

Top handle chainsaws are usually only used by arborists/tree surgeons as they are designed to be used one handed for short periods while working in the tree canopy, they are not recommended for use by amateurs. If anyone reading this thread is thinking of buying a chainsaw for logging it is better to buy one that is appropriate to the task.

Last edited:
Back