• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

18th Wedding Anniversary

Bam

Extremely Addicted
You know you've got a good 'un when she lets you run off to the woods on your anniversary. To be fair she got taken out for a curry and then back for the best 30 seconds of her life on Friday but I was allowed out to play with Smurf last night. We ended up going to a regular place we use in Devilla Forest for a bit of tarping. I fancied doing a bit of Dutch oven cooking so made a Quorn chicken stew (Smurf is 'flexitarian') and although I say it myself it was pretty damned good. First time making dumplings for me too.

Smurf was 'overcome with fatigue' fairly early doors but I'm sure he managed to get some more phots, all in all a good wee night away and I was a little 'weary' myself this morning.

Half way through restowing my gear now, always the worst bit.

You know you've got a good 'un when she lets you run off to the woods on your anniversary. To be fair she got taken out for a curry and then back for the best 30 seconds of her life on Friday but I was allowed out to play with Smurf last night. We ended up going to a regular place we use in Devilla Forest for a bit of tarping. I fancied doing a bit of Dutch oven cooking so made a Quorn chicken stew (Smurf is 'flexitarian') and although I say it myself it was pretty damned good. First time making dumplings for me too.

View attachment 16195

View attachment 16196

Smurf was 'overcome with fatigue' fairly early doors but I'm sure he managed to get some more phots, all in all a good wee night away and I was a little 'weary' myself this morning.

Half way through restowing my gear now, always the worst bit.
It was delicious thanks Bam - I had second helpings and going by the droppings on my plate in the morning, the mice visited during the night to lick the plate clean - in my 'fatigued' state I'd left it out ;) I will post some more pics soon to add to yours.

Way to go boys but I prefer real meat

I'm a meat eater but I find it easy to not eat it being married to a veggie (well pesky-tarian). Its just not an issue for me although I'd grudge it if I was 'told' I couldn't eat meat. My missus isn't arsey about it in the slightest and will prep meat meals for me although I do most the cooking now. It was an easy 'sacrifice' for me to use Quorn to keep a mate happy although I think I'm having venison tonight. :)

I'm a meat eater but I find it easy to not eat it being married to a veggie (well pesky-tarian). Its just not an issue for me although I'd grudge it if I was 'told' I couldn't eat meat. My missus isn't arsey about it in the slightest and will prep meat meals for me although I do most the cooking now. It was an easy 'sacrifice' for me to use Quorn to keep a mate happy although I think I'm having venison tonight. :)
I just looked at that stew and saw a nice fat bunny in there

Happy anniversary to yous both for Friday đź‘Ť

30 seconds :eek: how is this done master 🆒

Great pictures and that stew looks braw :D

• Haha
Reactions: Bam
I just looked at that stew and saw a nice fat bunny in there

Sssssh, don't tell Smurf.

Happy anniversary to yous both for Friday đź‘Ť

30 seconds :eek: how is this done master 🆒

Great pictures and that stew looks braw :D

The anniversary was yesterday, that's why she's a good 'un and yeah, the 30 seconds included the cigarette and pizza afterwards. :whistle: Cheers though.
The stew worked really well, I've had the pot for maybe a couple of years without giving it a proper test so was well chuffed how it went. I'll not be lugging it up any hills right enough its a heavy bugger.

Happy campaversary, stew looked the mutt's, a proper keeper if swmbo let you out to be fair :)

Cheers, she's been used to me being away most our married life and I think she quite enjoys it when I do sod off for a night or two, at least the dugs miss me. :crying:

Back