• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

1902 British Army clasp knife. Rarer than rocking horse poop

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
This is a 116a/1902 pattern British Army clasp knife with pick or marlin spike. The scales are buffalo horn, the bail is copper. Only a small number were made between 1902 and 1905 when the specification changed to include a can opener. These are so rare it's unbelievable.
IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0205.JPG

Good score mate šŸ‘šŸ» Am a little intrigued about all this knife business mike ā€¦. I could really get into buying and sellingšŸ˜

If it's something that you enjoy and are passionate about then it's a great way to justify buying knives to the other half....they do generally expect you to turn a profit though (which I consider to be most unfair)

As you will no doubt know , the marlin spike is to assist with rope work traditionally for sailors but as a "Sapper" we were issued more modern versions as knots and lashings formed part of our combat engineer training .........

Not as such apart from a couple of books by Geoffrey Tweedale about Sheffield makers. I recommend getting out there and talking to people. Buying the best that you can but always being careful not to get carried away and spend too much.

Not as such apart from a couple of books by Geoffrey Tweedale about Sheffield makers. I recommend getting out there and talking to people. Buying the best that you can but always being careful not to get carried away and spend too much.

Best way to learn right enough šŸ‘šŸ» Iā€™ve had it in my mind for some time now, nothing to extravagant just a side hustle. The concept is appealingā€¦. However I have a cupboard full of ā€œshould I could I and havenā€™t botheredā€ šŸ˜‚

This is just about the oldest knife I own.
Any ideas of age @Ystranc ?

Attachments

• 20210919_114346.jpg
    20210919_114346.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 20210919_114330.jpg
    20210919_114330.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 85
Back