• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

1st spoon of the year .....

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
A little eating spoon of unknown wood , gonna be a gift for my son in law .....

That’s a lovely piece of work, well done. The grain really sets it off nicely :)

The Yew is a tree, and I have seen may be 5 metres high oleander bushes in France too.

If you want to try unknown wood inside the family that shouldn't be a problem.
Relatives are relatively easy replaced.
(They are called like that for this reason.)

But should you start to sell them, how I recommended it, you should declare which wood you used.

Normal wood
-- Recommended for clients use.

Oleander series
-- Recommended for mother's in law.

Yew tree series
--- Recommended for rich aunts

and so on.

You make a valid point .
I don’t sell my spoons .
I shall issue appropriate warning to my son in law and monitor his health over the weekend , I suspect he will keep it as a display item in respect of the esteem I hold for him 👍

You should sell wooden spoons, made in Britain, to british people. May be the best would be to sell them in front of the parliament.

Our King Friedrich Wilhelm I. , who is called the soldiers king, inherited Prussia in very bad conditions.
He sold furniture, dishes and silverware of the palaces, invested the money in the army and bought wooden spoons and simple dishes for his family.

Friedrich II, the great, grew up with the wooden spoon.

If you would ask somebody in the streets of Berlin which was our best government in the last years, everybody will tell you it was under Friedrich II.

So, as you see, things become far wealthier if people use wooden spoons.

Prussian wood you will find easily in Britain, because they sold in that times nearly every straight grown prussian oak tree to the British Navy.

Back