• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

North East 2 Night Wildcamp near Goathland on North yorkshie moors.

Big G

Very Addicted
I set out to meet George, a fellow youtuber for a 2 night wildcamp on the North yorkshie moors near Goathland.

We camped in the woodland near the river esk, this was my first 2 night wildcamp plus my first woodland camp. We done a fair bit of bushwhacking to find a couple of levelish pitches for our tents over the 2 nights. George was in his Wild country Helm 2, and was in my Exped Mira 2.

We camped in two different locations, on Mon and Tue nights, Some of the trails up in the woodland were like quagmire's, with all the rain we've had. On the Tuesday morning we were hiking up the side of the river, i was on point a good few metres in front, i heard George shout, Gary, Gary, i looked
back but could'nt see him, he shouted i've gone over, as i got closer, i say a pair of legs in the air, like a turtle on it's back, i reached down and pulled him out, as he could'nt move because his pack had get jammed in a hollow between boulders as he had gone down. Luckily he was OK, i didn't get it on camera, or he'd of been going on you've been framed Lol.

On the Wednesday morning as we were hiking out of the woodland up an embankment, George had already made it up the embankment. I was half way up when i felt something stung me on the neck and face. George shouted Gary hurry up there's a load of hornets buzzing around your feet, i panicked and scrambled up the bank, but the little b*****s had stung me a few times. i managed to squeeze of few of the stings out of my neck. We had stumbled up on a hornets nest. A very painful encounter Lol.

We had a great couple of days, with a good few story's of George about his camping trips.

We called in Whitby on the Wednesday morning for a cooked brekkie in The Singing kettle cafe.

A few pics of our trip :)

FILE0146.JPG
FILE0150.JPG
FILE0153.JPG
FILE0157.JPG
FILE0167.JPG
FILE0168.JPG
FILE0169.JPG
FILE0170.JPG
FILE0173.JPG
FILE0182.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot on G. Cracker of a spot mate. That river would have set the view of nicely. Did you throw in a hook :D

And you never got a video of the fight with the hornets. A would have paid money to see that:rofl: fair play mate:D

Looks like I missed another good one :)
Aye you did mate ;)
Spot on G. Cracker of a spot mate. That river would have set the view of nicely. Did you throw in a hook :D

And you never got a video of the fight with the hornets. A would have paid money to see that:rofl: fair play mate:D
Aye mate, great locations with the sound of the river in the background :thumbsup:

Seen some likely looking spots to throw a line in ;) maybe pull a nice trout out :D

Only one winner with them bloody hornets, i was picking bits of them from down my t shirt and stings out my neck :confused::(
Good one Gary, Nice to see you're out and about. Any video this time?
Me and George have still got our vids to upload mate, i'll be splitting mine into 2 parts over the 2 nights.

I'll be giving videopad ago on edited them :thumbsup:

I've just noticed on my trip report, i've put the The Whistling kettle cafe, and it should be The Singing kettle cafe.

Could a mod please edit it, when they have 5 minutes.

Cheers :thumbsup:

I've just noticed on my trip report, i've put the The Whistling kettle cafe, and it should be The Singing kettle cafe.

Could a mod please edit it, when they have 5 minutes.

Cheers :thumbsup:
Done mate

Glad you had a good couple of nights Gary. Did you trace the spork thief? lol
Sub'd to George also.
Cheers Paul, found the missing spork in my tent next morning :rofl: deffo gonna hang the rubbish bag up next time, bloody rustling out side the tent all night :eek::rofl:

Hi, Gary :thumbsup:

Nice write-up and pictures mate.......enjoyed watching the video too:thumbsup:

Well, you and George had an eventful and interesting trip.
Glad George survived his fall with no injuries.
Don't envy you at all having disturbed the Hornets......nasty little critters.

Noticed the wet bottoms of your trousers in one of the pictures Gary.....might be good to get a pair of Gaitors mate:thumbsup:

Its nice you have made a new camping friend....hope you have many more trips together:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Back