• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

North East 2 Night Wildcamp near Goathland on North yorkshie moors.

Hi, Gary :thumbsup:

Nice write-up and pictures mate.......enjoyed watching the video too:thumbsup:

Well, you and George had an eventful and interesting trip.
Glad George survived his fall with no injuries.
Don't envy you at all having disturbed the Hornets......nasty little critters.

Noticed the wet bottoms of your trousers in one of the pictures Gary.....might be good to get a pair of Gaitors mate:thumbsup:

Its nice you have made a new camping friend....hope you have many more trips together:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
Cheers Bill, We had a great couple of days, them trails up the side of the river were lethal mate, slipping and sliding, and losing ya feet in the mud :rofl:

Luckily George was OK, his pack took the fall as he fell on his back :eek:

Aye mate needed my gaiters, but forgot to take them :rolleyes:

Them bloody Hornets, the stings were the size of rose bush thorns, and painful too :confused:

Already planning our next trip to the lakes :thumbsup:

I'm gonna have to change that thumbnail pic of the trip, that bloody tub of mac an cheese :whistle::rofl:

But the other 2 pics i can change it for, are even worse :D:rofl:

I'll hopefully get Part 2 of the trip up later today :thumbsup:

Just screenshot the bit of the video you want as a thumbnail and save as a picture. You can then set it as the thumbnail with YT.

A Few more Pics from our Woodland Wildcamp :)

I'm just messing about, testing some new editing software out :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've re-edited the above video, added more pics and some music :)

Can a mod please delete the above video, when they have 5 mins.... Cheers :thumbsup:

Hi, Gary.

Deleted one video.....did you want the next one up ^^^^ deleting as well??

Excellent video mate :) , what type and make of tent are you using !. Did you's manage to track the four legged spork pilferer ! :lol:
Morning mate, That's the place we're going again at the weekend for another 2 nighter :)

My tent is a Exped Mira 2, similar design to the MSR Hubba tents, i bought it mainly for summer wildcamping trips as it has good ventilation, having a part mesh inner, also ideal for sheltered woodland camps :thumbsup:

I found the missing spork in my tent the next morning :whistle::rofl:

Hopefully, the weather will settle a bit by the weekend, Gary:thumbsup:
Mind you....... there is nothing quite like listening to the rain hitting the tent, and the wind vibrating the guy lines:D:thumbsup:
Nice hot coffee.....radio on......Bliss:thumbsup:

Hopefully, the weather will settle a bit by the weekend, Gary:thumbsup:
Mind you....... there is nothing quite like listening to the rain hitting the tent, and the wind vibrating the guy lines:D:thumbsup:
Nice hot coffee.....radio on......Bliss:thumbsup:
Hope so mate, i think it's forecast to settle down, and turning colder again by the weekend :thumbsup:

Is a tad wild out there now :D

That place looks awesome matey, ill need to get time off to get down there, about a 2 / 2 and a half hour drive :sleepy::sleepy:

That place looks awesome matey, ill need to get time off to get down there, about a 2 / 2 and a half hour drive :sleepy::sleepy:
Cheers mate, your more than welcome to join us on a camp, if your ever down this way :thumbsup:

Back