• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

2 Nights on Dartmoor

Thanks to @1 shot willie for the pasty's and @divebuddy for the cake :)

Had a great afternoon and night test driving the new tent with the woodburning stove :thumbsup: ...this is going to be a game changer on the trips north :)

thanks to @gavin for the laughs :D ... had a good night out looking forward to the next one :thumbsup:

Glad you had a good time chaps ! :thumbsup:

That's extremely kind:thumbsup::thumbsup: (what are you shooting/how??) if a little of a long trip......and (boo hoo that w/e I am told I have a wedding to attend........why do people do that????:confused:)

i have pest control rites for the land so we can hunt/shoot the usual suspects .... im using an air rifle :thumbsup: ... there,s always another time mate :)

Last edited:
@Matt .... @gavin .....@Divebuddy :)

Thanks all for the laughs and a smashing overnighter at a pretty awesome location.
So many opportunities there.......perfect with the woods....stream....... and some fairly level fields to pitch on :thumbsup:
Shooting wise it looks VERY promising.

It was good to see Matt and Gavin set up and fine tune their Hot Tent set ups.
They were like a couple of Old Brasses in a steam room......Bayches :rofl:

Thank you Dick for the lovely caaaaaaaaake.....and please pass on our thanks to "Jiff"
for baking it :notlistening::notlistening:

Dick (Divebuddy) chose his tent this time around with a tarp added for admin....he was sorted :thumbsup:

It was the first time I had used the Bungalow 2 in anger.....I was not disappointed with it......NO LEAKS 🙂
A few tweaks I need to make but nothing to major.
Spent a comfortable night in there on the camp bed and using the Tactical 4 sleeping bag which was ideal.
I only battened down three quarters of the way down with the canopy.....with the fine mesh screen zipped up.....it gave me plenty of ventilation and NO condensation inside the shelter......and still plenty of protection from the wind and rain.
The mesh screen acts as a decent draught excluder.....very comfy.
Lots of room to stash the kit.

Very pleased with everything I used on this trip.

@WildWood1965 missed you on this one....hope to see you on the next one :thumbsup:

Thanks again Guys.....great company and trip :thumbsup:

Pictures to follow.

IMG_20200314_153840.jpg
IMG_20200314_174532.jpg
IMG_20200314_164614.jpg
IMG_20200314_184229.jpg
IMG_20200314_154056.jpg
IMG_20200314_153840.jpg
IMG_20200314_174532.jpg
IMG_20200314_184229.jpg
IMG_20200314_154056.jpg
IMG_20200314_154045.jpg
IMG_20200315_032043.jpg
IMG_20200314_164507.jpg
IMG_20200315_031823.jpg

@Matt .... @gavin .....@Divebuddy :)

Thanks all for the laughs and a smashing overnighter at a pretty awesome location.
So many opportunities there.......perfect with the woods....stream....... and some fairly level fields to pitch on :thumbsup:
Shooting wise it looks VERY promising.

It was good to see Matt and Gavin set up and fine tune their Hot Tent set ups.
They were like a couple of Old Brasses in a steam room......Bayches :rofl:

Thank you Dick for the lovely caaaaaaaaake.....and please pass on our thanks to "Jiff"
for baking it :notlistening::notlistening:

Dick (Divebuddy) chose his tent this time around with a tarp added for admin....he was sorted :thumbsup:

It was the first time I had used the Bungalow 2 in anger.....I was not disappointed with it......NO LEAKS 🙂
A few tweaks I need to make but nothing to major.
Spent a comfortable night in there on the camp bed and using the Tactical 4 sleeping bag which was ideal.
I only battened down three quarters of the way down with the canopy.....with the fine mesh screen zipped up.....it gave me plenty of ventilation and NO condensation inside the shelter......and still plenty of protection from the wind and rain.
The mesh screen acts as a decent draught excluder.....very comfy.
Lots of room to stash the kit.

Very pleased with everything I used on this trip.

@WildWood1965 missed you on this one....hope to see you on the next one :thumbsup:

Thanks again Guys.....great company and trip :thumbsup:

Pictures to follow.

Need more.............on the bag!! :thumbsup:
Glad tent worked well!

Great time. Just cut a bit short by the weather. Got left behind by the others as usual. They were driving out of the field as I was starting to take my tent down. Nice site. Thanks to the usual suspects for the banter an pasties. I missed Kneef. Had to brew my own tea! Few pics off my phone.
IMG_20200314_170441_BURST001_COVER.jpg
IMG_20200314_163126.jpg
IMG_20200314_163113.jpg
IMG_20200314_154804.jpg
IMG_20200314_153953.jpg
IMG_20200314_142244.jpg

Back