• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

20 Year Old Outdoor Kit !

Although the gear has changed since then the related prices were astronomically high, £200 for a jacket 20 years ago, ouch, funnily enough I watched to vids on Youtube today, 2 guys boasting about lighting Svea stoves after 20 plus years, straight out of storage and into the fire (phun intended) and although they worked I can't help but think what could have gone so wrong, lucky guys.

EDIT: this was with the 20 year old fuel to boot :(

my scarpa SL walking boots are 22 years old, battered but brilliant (but at c£250 a pair to replace then they should be)!
I use a karrimor panther 65l back pack bought off eBay that's still great, especially if you compere it to post sports direct current karrimor!

think my mora/ ray mears training knife is only about 15 years old.
I've then got my dads Stanley hand drill and brace and bit that are probably 30-40 years old and still going strong.

probably other stuff as well.

I’ve still got my issue jack knife from the eighties ....

12F907F7-F73F-45A8-B4ED-256ACB97A0EF.jpeg

Back