• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

South East 2020 SouthEast early summer meet

Joecole

Very Obsessed
Dates to be posted later

This is a large site consisting of the main field with electric hook ups.
The area i'm considering is beside a large lake which hold large tench and carp up to 24lbs and tickets can be purchased from the camp site shop.
There is a shower block on the main site and plenty of fresh water taps
The local pub is about a 20 minute walk and serves very good meals, the fish and chips are to die for
The small town of Henfield is about a 10 minute drive away where you will find a superstore

cost is £7 a night payable direct to the camp site owners

Camp rules.
Contained fires only, The site shop has fire baskets for hire but I suspect most people have there own, log nets can also be purchased from the shop
Unfortunately hammocks cant be used due to lack of trees but with common sense and a couple of poles you can rig a taqrp shelter
Before I can go solid with this one I will need an idea of numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like a campsite Joe. Nothing wrong with that, but is there anything of interest to do/see nearby (apart from tent and caravan ID)? Catching inedible fish that have grown fat on other angler's boilies doesn't really make my float tremble. Woodlands to explore, hills to climb, archaeology to see, nature reserves to visit - what's the wisdom? I could be persuaded but you haven't sold me on it yet.

@Ichneumon Sadly there are some of us who are no longer physically able to do the full on bushy thing anymore, (me being one of them) and I think Joe has organised this to include the more decrepit of us to still feel we can camp and get together.
Campsite camping is pretty much all I can do now and I'm grateful to Joe for organising something for the walking wounded. :)

A simple Google found this link if you're interested.

This sounds like a campsite Joe. Nothing wrong with that, but is there anything of interest to do/see nearby (apart from tent and caravan ID)? Catching inedible fish that have grown fat on other angler's boilies doesn't really make my float tremble. Woodlands to explore, hills to climb, archaeology to see, nature reserves to visit - what's the wisdom? I could be persuaded but you haven't sold me on it yet.

Sounds like you have talked yourself out of this already Paul.:D

I think Joe is trying to organise an informal get together for interested members who just want an easy and relaxed....fun.... get away for a few days with all the comforts of home to hand.
A refreshing change from rubbing sticks together and listening to the same old "Bushcraft/Survival Chat".....who knows the most about what.....and their opinion on how to do it :rolleyes:
Which of course is fine.....but does not light everyones fire.:thumbsup:

I can see a fishing competition in the making......Annie.....bring your rod!! :thumbsup::rofl:

Oh I'm bringing as much as I can fit on the old trolley Will :rofl::rofl: It's a pretty simple 2 train journey to the coast without changing in London.

I might have to borrow an unhooking mat (I'm presuming they're mandatory) and maybe a keepnet, but I fish fairly light and tend to be a bit minimalist. The biggest problem is enough Haribos to keep me fortified while I'm fishing!:D

Last edited:
Oh I'm bringing as much as I can fit on the old trolley Will :rofl::rofl: It's a pretty simple 2 train journey to the coast without changing in London.

I might have to borrow an unhooking mat (I'm presuming they're mandatory) and maybe a keepnet, but I fish fairly light and tend to be a bit minimalist. The biggest problem is enough Haribos to keep me fortified while I'm fishing!:D
I have a mat Bramble, will you want me to pick you up from horsham station

Back