• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Morning Bill, the thing that I REALLY need to do is jobs around the house. I have really took my eye off the ball in the last 10 years, the living room needs a complete overhaul and a new kitchen needs to go in.

But my issue is….. I can’t be arsed! 🤷

Over the years I have renovated three properties and been right into my DIY, but I really fail to find the enthusiasm for it now, what with Shooting, Fishing hiking and Basecamp, I really have better things to do!

So in answer to your question, I am going to make the effort…………kind of. 👍

Might be an idea to get stuck in now mike......while the weather is cack?.....a day or two here and there.....all adds up to completion :thumbsup:
Gently bently.....and easy does it :) get the materials in for the first project ready and on site......so you are not running here and there every 5 minutes.
Strip a wall and then prepare it.....fill it.....rub it down ready then move on the the next wall and so on......as you know from past experience its the prep that takes the time and seems never ending🤔
It will all be worth it when its done and you will have plenty of time for other things when the sun is shining again :)

Go awwwwwwwwwn ..........you can do it!!!:D

A job we must get done this year is cleaning out the loft.......so much accumulated stuff up there that needs getting rid of now.....early summer job :rolleyes:
Need to get someone in to remove the old insulation and have a good hoover......then lay some new insulation down and overboard......fit a loft ladder of some sort.......no longer able to spring off the top of a pair of steps through the opening :rofl:
Few small repairs to do on the decking.....power wash and oil the decks and sheds.

That will be it for this year...........well......fingers crossed.......my Queen may have other ideas 🤣

Totally agree with that Rob......well.....apart from the long distance route :whistle::rofl:

Have you a route in mind or in the planning?
What sort of distance are you aiming for?

Good luck with it.

Cumbrian Way or Hadrian's Wall most likely or possibly the two ends of the Cleveland way as I have done the middle bit in stages . My preference would probably be Hadrian's Wall ( 135 km ) for the atmospherics .......

Back