• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

.22 air rifles

edd5322

Extremely Talkative
I was just standing in que to pay for a drink at pound stretchers and saw small rolly filters,got me thinking.I have recently brought some barrel cleaner you shoot through the rifle, does anyone think these filters could be used in the same manner?

Probably but I use a rod and brush for mine. The rod was for a 177HMR and the brush is from Bisley. I probably only clean my air rifle once a year when I strip it down and replace the seals. It only gets used on squirrels.

It should work. Fishing line and wd40 with a cut up rag works well

No i agree Harry just was a though if there a massive difference between that an actual cleaning soft pellets

Why do you put WD40 in your bore? I never let oil anywhere near my air rifle bore and the others only get nitrate solvent on a brush and repeated dry patches rodded through until they come away clean.

yep I use them, and keep the pellets in a tin which I give a good spray with wd40
ystrance have you not heard of dieseling

Given that Deiseling is generally to be avoided surely putting wd40 down the bore is a risk.

Also most military armourers I've worked with have been pretty vehemently agreed that as a water dispersant rather than a lubricant wd40 shouldn't be used on firearms!

The thing is with wd40 it will clean your barrel out but you must make sure the last rag you put through it is clear.

Best results I ever had with my pellets was washing them in ferry liquid and when dry put them in a freezer bag with then add a few drops with power pellet lube.

Its a very fine fish oil but that's beside the point, dieseling not only plays hell with accuracy and makes unnecessary noise, it can damage your rifle. It also accumulates crap and dust in the bore that wouldn't otherwise stick.

The thing is with wd40 it will clean your barrel out but you must make sure the last rag you put through it is clear.

Best results I ever had with my pellets was washing them in ferry liquid and when dry put them in a freezer bag with then add a few drops with power
Graphite based?

Hours of fun to be found on YouTube, dumb people with guns restore my faith in human nature.
My personal favourite is the last one.

Last edited:
Yup, I almost PMSL when I first saw that, it completely embodies truth justice and the American way. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fella's I tell ya, common sense aint so common these days, I've had people handle bows who actually think they are toys, one numpty actually drew on his mate while holding at full draw!!!. I've had people who really believe that bows are not real weapons nor capable of any real damage. I had one guy (he was the village idiot though) who was convinced that over 60yds a bow couldn't hurt you. THESE WALKING DISASTERS ARE OUT THERE AND BREEDING:(

Back