• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
2D Maglite LED Conversion Guide

Guide 2D Maglite LED Conversion Guide

Gazo

Slightly Obsessed
Gazo submitted a new resource:

2D Maglite LED Conversion Guide - Guide For Converting 2D Maglite To LED

I have been interested in torches (Flashlights) since I was a kid and I have collected a few, but over the years they have gotten better with the introduction of the LED bulb. Going back 10, maybe 12 years ago I bought myself a 2D Maglite when I was doing night time security work and at the time this was a top grade super tough torch which worked well in all weathers. But there was a down side to these torches which was that they ran on a standard type incandescent bulb, so not only did it...

Read more about this resource...

I got a conversion for my 5 D-cell maglite, it cost £50 but is worth the money as I havent had to change the batteries in over a year

TLE-310M-EX MiniStar31M-EX

Many other bits n biobs there folks may find useful ;)

Made such a big difference to my 2D maglite, can't believe how bright it is now, I said in my review that the beam goes twice as far but it's alot more than that. Well pleased I done the conversion. Going to do a AA maglite next.

I was a little dissapointed with the beam quality with the AA conversion but there are many makes n models for AA so its probably a case of trial and error. I feel these days its better to just buy a good AA based led torch already build rather than 'converting' ;)

I was a little dissapointed with the beam quality with the AA conversion but there are many makes n models for AA so its probably a case of trial and error. I feel these days its better to just buy a good AA based led torch already build rather than 'converting' ;)

I do enjoy the building modding part of it, I want to get another 2D and drop in a new reflector and LED and run it on 2 x 18650 batteries that have about 8volt output. you can buy the drop ins dirt cheap from hong kong that will make it around 700 - 800 lumen's which will be megga bright.

Back