• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

3 Days Of Minimalism In The Alps - A Survival Short Movie

Rathwulven BC

Extremely Talkative
Hi all,

I recently published a short movie in both English and German, spending three days in the Alps with very limited gear: No tarp, no tent, no sleeping bag - just a knife, my clothing and some essential first aid gear.
I did this to do another "real life test" for my skill set and to balance and center myself. The result is some 40 minutes of footage featuring a couple of skill-demonstrations, lovely sceneries and some mountain man philosophy.

I wish to add that I did know the area very well before heading out and that trips like these should always be planned up ahead. I was fully aware of the upcoming weather scenario and I did make sure to have a friend as a backup ready to take action if I would not send an OK signal once a day at an agreed time. For the sake of cinematography, this is not mentioned in the film, but I just want to address this here as the mountains are unforgiving to those treating them like a personal playground - a lesson I learned the hard way some 13 years ago when getting into actual distress up in the Alps, only to be rescued by Search & Rescue after two days of pure horror.

I hope you enjoy the film - if so, please feel free to share it with other people enjoying the outdoors. :)

Back