• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

3 Nights in the Peak District.

Chilli Mac.
Box of Kraft Cheesey Pasta.
Chilli.
4 Teaspoon Creole seasoning (recipe to follow)
2 tablespoon dried onion
2 tablespoon dried mixed peppers
1/2 cup veggie mince
1/2 cup instant dried beans
OR
tin chilli or your own home made

Rehydrate chilli mix if using. follow cooking instructions for macaroni cheese adding rehydrated chilli at start of cooking, finish as per instructions. If using a tin or your own chilli, mix into cheesey pasta at end. Serves 2 - 4 depending on appetite.

Homemade Creole Seasoning
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 2 teaspoons sweet paprika powder
  • 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
  1. Combine all the spices and store in an airtight jar until ready to use.

Will be giving this a go also:thumbsup: thanks

Cleaned and re-proofed the inner tent floor yesterday, you never know I may have finally got rid of the last of Bam's sleeping bag feathers.;) :lol: Sleeping bag and blanket I use as a carpet also got a wash. Will be sorting out everything else to pack away ready for next time.:)
I'll be going back to Bank House Farm, for a non driver this site was bob on.

Nothing quite like maintaining and keeping on top of the kit :)
Having that clean and organised space just adds to the enjoyment of the time you spend in it.......adds confidence too.

So when is your next trip out Barb?

There's murmerings of a trip to the Jockish hills next month with Bam and a few nights back at Bank House, then the Lake District beckons in September, I have to try and cram it all in during the warmer months, I'm definitely not a cold weather camper.

The trip north has been postponed for a while, so planning another trip in a couple of weeks.;)

Shame Annie ☹️

The weather is pretty unsettled at the moment anyway so a couple of weeks further on may see a change for the better :)

Where are you thinking of?

Back