• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

3x3 Tarp Recommendation

David Day

Slightly Addicted
Believe it or not I'm not a complete gear tart like some (@lol) and I've only ever bought a few cheap tarps over the years and non of them for camping/rambling use.
Can anyone recommend a good 3x3 tarp that I can keep I'm my rucksack to set up quick shelters with?
I want something that I can setup quickly incase of bad weather.... or I want a brew :D

DD tarps 👍🏻 Can’t go wrong with them mate 👍🏻

“I’m not a complete gear tart” 🤔

maby not! However YOUR getting there 🙄

+1 on the DD tarps. i've got the 3.5 x 3.5 in their camo and it's a good'un.

DD made a "pro" tarp for a while with i think 6 more lash points than the regular tarp. i'd quite like to have those because it increases the ease of doing alternate setups. apparently they since pulled the "pro" and are redesigning it. i'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

(i'm aware that you can fake the extra lash points with a stone inside or whatever. i asked DD about that and they recommended against it, as one might expect)

Well tomorrows payday so I'll most likely buy one then, the DD has some amazing reviews.
It'll be my only kit pickup for this week......

show me the money GIF

Attachments

• 200.gif
    200.gif
    375.6 KB · Views: 19
Believe it or not I'm not a complete gear tart like some (@lol) and I've only ever bought a few cheap tarps over the years and non of them for camping/rambling use.
Can anyone recommend a good 3x3 tarp that I can keep I'm my rucksack to set up quick shelters with?
I want something that I can setup quickly incase of bad weather.... or I want a brew :D
DD 3x3 David, 5 metres of paracord and a few pegs and your good to go

and my proof. Not using a DD so had to create extra tie out points with wee stones :)
Would be interested in any other 3x3 tarps with 19 tie outs other than the DD. They've kind of cornered the market.

2020-01-18 Loch Doon Solo Camp.png

Back