• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

4 Season Sleeping Bag Recommendations?

Cheers for the details mate, I've got poles that I'm looking forward to using as an external frame, its something to fit the poles to for a solid frame I'm looking for. I'll go with lashing them together if I have to but I'm on the hunt for 'something' that I can fix them to for a bit of rigidity.

Hope the night is going well mate.

What about these mate or am I totally of what your meaning lol

Reactions: Bam
Right, the christening of the Dutch M90 bag:
Last night was clear, -1 C, light frost, not as cold as previous nights, sadly. Used the lavvu with closed cell foam mechanics mat as sleep pad on a polyethylene g/sheet.
Clothing, sweat shirt, knickers, no hat. (despite which, I don't do cold...….)

Perfectly warm, didn't even use the hood/snorkel, superb, not even a shiver, slept through the night with the Tawny owls last night and the pheasants strutting their stuff this morning 👍 - haven't yet checked the camera for any night visitors, certainly didn't wake me. Even took my book and read for a while before dropping off.
So yes, if you want a cheap bag like the Arctic 90, but easier to use, especially with it's liner, get one. A good thing. VERY pleased and a little surprised.
Forces Uniform and Kit. £40 online. Simples :) .
Will go in a compression sack for carrying.

My liner came from Military Mart, but I note that at the mo., they are out of stock, but you could use any, just the original poppers very neatly into place and STAYS there!

Proper job.

Sounds g
Right, the christening of the Dutch M90 bag:
Last night was clear, -1 C, light frost, not as cold as previous nights, sadly. Used the lavvu with closed cell foam mechanics mat as sleep pad on a polyethylene g/sheet.
Clothing, sweat shirt, knickers, no hat. (despite which, I don't do cold...….)

Perfectly warm, didn't even use the hood/snorkel, superb, not even a shiver, slept through the night with the Tawny owls last night and the pheasants strutting their stuff this morning 👍 - haven't yet checked the camera for any night visitors, certainly didn't wake me. Even took my book and read for a while before dropping off.
So yes, if you want a cheap bag like the Arctic 90, but easier to use, especially with it's liner, get one. A good thing. VERY pleased and a little surprised.
Forces Uniform and Kit. £40 online. Simples :) .
Will go in a compression sack for carrying.

My liner came from Military Mart, but I note that at the mo., they are out of stock, but you could use any, just the original poppers very neatly into place and STAYS there!

Proper job.

Sounds good to me. Now do I have room in the QM Stores for yet another sleeping bag ? :D

Sounds g

Sounds good to me. Now do I have room in the QM Stores for yet another sleeping bag ? :D

I've been getting tempted by this thread too..... must.... stay..... strong.......

Been a bit bad getting some bits and bobs that could have gone towards something bigger like the tent I'm after or the new pair of boots that I'm starting to need.

If you have the budget go for it, you can always find space somewhere for more shiny shiny.

Sorry, went to the pub...photo of car park.....

( best ever sighting of kingfisher in the sunshine on way back....)

Attachments

• Henny swan nov 2019 2.jpg
    Henny swan nov 2019 2.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 92
Sounds g

" 'Course you do, Malcolm!! " :rofl:

I didn't lay under the ice in the way of marauding hooves of Muntjac herds, and have my gonads pecked out by flocks of ravaging pheasants, for you not to????:mad::mad:
(Am I overstating things?

Back