• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Rathwulven BC

Extremely Talkative
Hi guys,

I have recently uploaded a new video that, in my opinion, was long overdue. As a trained BHV agent (which in our region is the equivalent of a medic plus basic training in fire fighting) I do like to educate myself and others about topics relating to health and first aid - so throughout the years I came across a lot of misconceptions regarding the complex around ticks and preventive measures against their bites and carried diseases.

So I decided to go out and pack all relevant information in one video, including some explanations on why quite some "information" out there in the web actually is anything but that. Even worse - there are people giving you "tips" that are by far more dangerous then beneficial to you.

If you find the time, have a look at the video below and please feel free to share your thoughts or remarks on this, maybe even your own experiences. I hope you are more fortunate than I when I contracted borreliosis for the first time - in order to give back something that might prevent you from going through the same misery that experienced (despite a successful treatment) I made that piece of film.

In the UK there are some regions that are much more likely to have Lyme disease in the tick population. I was bitten by a tick while in East Sussex which is a Lyme disease hotspot, on returning home to Wales I immediately sought medical advice but was told there was a four week wait for an appointment with a GP. Instead of waiting I attended the minor injuries unit at the local hospital. The nurse there made sure that I had the appropriate antibiotics.

Don't be put off getting treatment because it's just a little insect bite, Lyme disease has life changing consequences!

The joys of living in Britain with a collapsing NHS along side an aging population. Don't take no for an answer where tick bites are concerned, there is a very short window of time to get treatment for tick bites.

Hi all - after a break from forums and all, I shot an addendum to the first video. There have been questions from quite some folks that were asked throughout the last months, so here is another video dealing with these:

Enjoy!

Reactions: Bam
Back