• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A couple of my knives

Gazo

Slightly Obsessed
A few of my blades

Attachments

• 20120917_221311.jpg
    20120917_221311.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 20120517_161852.jpg
    20120517_161852.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 156
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 120
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 20120628_205249.jpg
    20120628_205249.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 20120628_205308.jpg
    20120628_205308.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 167
Only recently bought that one off a maker who sells on ebay, he puts some of his stuff on at a £1 start price when I seen it it had 1 min left to run so put a bid in and ended up winning it for £12 :) it arrived a few days later and I must say I am well impressed its a well made solid bit of kit.
I bet he was gutted when it went for that it was advertised as a Handmade Pattern Welded Damascus Steel Axe-Functional-Bush Craft-Camping
Check his stuff out you may get a bargain too his user name is custom.made.online from Nottingham

That is a bargain for sure:thumbsup:

He may be gutted........he is also clever.....getting his products out there for people to see and talk about.....kind of loss leaders.
Thanks for the link Gazo.......he makes some good kit.

Nice collection, though I really do not like such full tang type of hatchets. In general those solid metal handles have a really bad action, they do not cushion the impact like wooden handles do.

Out of curiosity - how's that with that thing?

Nice collection, though I really do not like such full tang type of hatchets. In general those solid metal handles have a really bad action, they do not cushion the impact like wooden handles do.

Out of curiosity - how's that with that thing?

Hi Rathwulven, I dont really plan on doing any heavy work with it I have an axe for that, but I do like the solid feel of the full tang.
Not used it as yet as only just bought it, but its a solid tool, nice and thick so should last well and for £12 you cant complain :).

Ah ok. Yeah in the end this is all about preference and application - if you chop a couple of logs that will do fine I guess.

I am more talking about field trips lasting days or weeks, once had a mate convince me to try his "tactical" thingy with a solid steel handle. After that I knew the only tactical thing to do was giving it back, using my hickory one. :rofl:

Good choice on the Mora b.t.w., still one of the best price-quality-ratio-products.

In my opinion the Opinel Carbone No 8 is as usefull as the normal Mora for a better price and with a lower weight.

In my opinion the Opinel Carbone No 8 is as usefull as the normal Mora for a better price and with a lower weight.

As useful maybe, but for completely different purposes. The Opinel is anything but suitable for batoning for example whereas a Companion is much more suitable for the rough job. Different knives serve different jobs, just like in the kitchen. :)

Some times ago I took a Mora Companion and tried to destroy it.

It was very easy! It is every thing else than made for a rough job!

Back