• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A couple of nights out near Aviemore

Great write up guys , looks a fantastic location ......
That's not a Bothy , that's a B&B 👍
I've mentioned it to a few mates and said if it had Lecky and running water people (normal ones, not us weirdos) would pay hundreds a week to stay there.

Smurf is going to have to up his game for the Lairig Leacach. :lol:

I've mentioned it to a few mates and said if it had Lecky and running water people (normal ones, not us weirdos) would pay hundreds a week to stay there.

Smurf is going to have to up his game for the Lairig Leacach. :lol:

Sod lecky, can produce what I need on the stoves, water do-able, might have to Bothy hop, an almost free life lmao

Sod lecky, can produce what I need on the stoves, water do-able, might have to Bothy hop, an almost free life lmao

Like I say, I wasn't talking about us weirdos, more the mainstream. Have my own lecky options, used one of these in the bothy,

SODIAL(R) DC5V 5W LED Bulb USB lamp Portable White light for Outdoor Laptop (White): Amazon.co.uk: Lighting

while lacking the romance of a candle (I didn't want to encourage Smurf.... :eek:) they kick out a lot more light and for a weekend on a powerbank.... and there's always ways to replenish powerbanks.

If ever they bring out universal income then I'll be off to the hills for good - The bothies will be busy! :D

Aye, I can see Missus Smurf going for that. :lol:

Nice trip and photos guys 👍

Just a thought for you @Bam and @smurf.....in a small shelter where sleeping space is a premium........ I like to use "Waterproof Pack Covers" and store the kit outside beneath them.
Freeing up space under the shelter and keeping your kit dry.......packs.....boots ..........jackets........stoves etc.
Great bits of kit........ the XL 120ltr will cover a fair amount....especially if you're going light.
Placed at one end of the shelter can help block out the draughts👍

Not much money and weigh nothing.....but do offer convenience.

Looking forward to Smurfs account of the trip.

It arrived today and looks the biz, I'll have it out with me on friday although I'm not in a mad rush to use it in anger. Thanks again for the pointer.

Back