• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A cycle out and stop off @ Back2Basics HQ

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Well took the new set up out for a test ride, trailer loaded and panniers crammed full, 22 mile round cycle, 98% uphill.didnt take many photos but this was my route.....
Screenshot_20220920-235811_Maps.jpg

Then as I got to llangynog, (those that went to the 2010/11 Wales meet might remember where that is) I went to see the Back to basics HQ, it's a Facebook group. But they have an awesome set up there, tree house, cabin, compost loo, fresh running water. And it's only 7 miles from my house to boot! Guess I've found my new playground 😉
20220920_164412.jpg
20220920_160430.jpg
20220920_160403.jpg

I did take a video of the inside but it won't let me upload it here.

Attachments

• 20220920_160357.jpg
    20220920_160357.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 45
Well took the new set up out for a test ride, trailer loaded and panniers crammed full, 22 mile round cycle, 98% uphill.didnt take many photos but this was my route.....
View attachment 115966
Then as I got to llangynog, (those that went to the 2010/11 Wales meet might remember where that is) I went to see the Back to basics HQ, it's a Facebook group. But they have an awesome set up there, tree house, cabin, compost loo, fresh running water. And it's only 7 miles from my house to boot! Guess I've found my new playground 😉View attachment 115967View attachment 115968View attachment 115969
I did take a video of the inside but it won't let me upload it here.
That will get you nice and fit Jon, I remember doing 50 ks a day for 4 days in Holland and my most endearing memory was the sore backside for days afterwards

That will get you nice and fit Jon, I remember doing 50 ks a day for 4 days in Holland and my most endearing memory was the sore backside for days afterwards
Yes saddle sore does leave a lasting memory Joe 😂 personally it's seat type and position that cures that for me.( plus with regular riding the hairs around your chuff don't grow back!) Leather seat, Brooks or similar. They shape and wear in over time. I have bought one, but it's from China so should arrive by this time next year. A genuine Brooks saddle costs more than all my bushcraft kit together!
Screenshot_20220923-075448_Chrome.jpg

Yes saddle sore does leave a lasting memory Joe 😂 personally it's seat type and position that cures that for me.( plus with regular riding the hairs around your chuff don't grow back!) Leather seat, Brooks or similar. They shape and wear in over time. I have bought one, but it's from China so should arrive by this time next year. A genuine Brooks saddle costs more than all my bushcraft kit together!
Its a bit like long distance walkers who spend a fortune on lightweight gear then buy a crappy pair of boots.
For the want of a nail the shoe was lost
For the want of a shoe the horse was lost
For the want of a horse the battle was lost
For the want of a decent bicycle saddle the enjoyment was lost

Nice ride out Jon :thumbsup:

How did you get on with the trailer in tow?
Judging by the pictures the weather was kind to you........thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
It was ok, can't go fast down hill though, slightest wobble and trailer starts bouncing from side to side and flips, definitely a slow ride, took me 3 hrs to do those 22 miles. Hopefully the new trailer will be better as it has single wheel and attached either side of the frame. Hopefully eliminating the whole snaking and side to side bounce that this one is doing

Back