• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A day out with my better half

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
Well so the plan was to go down to Galloway forest and do a recce for the Feb 2020 meet.
Our departure from home was a bit delayed for various reasons, not least the horizontal rain which was forecast to last into late afternoon.
We got down there for 14:00 and proceeded to check out the various options I'd identified on Google maps. It turns out one of the better options was one I'd not seen on the map which goes to show that eyes on the land is always a better option.

I'm not going to post the locations on the public forum but will link to the unlisted videos and text in the chat about the meet or where-ever is most appropriate.

So, we toured around for a good 3.5 hours and had the intent of camping for the night however we ran out of daylight and ran out of time to get back to one of the suitable locations so we just had our dinner beside a river (a wee bit too close to the road for camping) and then headed home.

We're both a bit dissapointed that we didn't camp but I've not finished checking the area out so there will be other opportunities.

Here are a few pics and I'll add a video link once I've had the time to edit one for public viewing.

Cheers

Paul & Mel

20190322-IMG_2506.jpg
20190322-IMG_2513.jpg
20190322-IMG_2515.jpg
20190322-IMG_2516.jpg

Well so the plan was to go down to Galloway forest and do a recce for the Feb 2020 meet.
Our departure from home was a bit delayed for various reasons, not least the horizontal rain which was forecast to last into late afternoon.
We got down there for 14:00 and proceeded to check out the various options I'd identified on Google maps. It turns out one of the better options was one I'd not seen on the map which goes to show that eyes on the land is always a better option.

I'm not going to post the locations on the public forum but will link to the unlisted videos and text in the chat about the meet or where-ever is most appropriate.

So, we toured around for a good 3.5 hours and had the intent of camping for the night however we ran out of daylight and ran out of time to get back to one of the suitable locations so we just had our dinner beside a river (a wee bit too close to the road for camping) and then headed home.

We're both a bit dissapointed that we didn't camp but I've not finished checking the area out so there will be other opportunities.

Here are a few pics and I'll add a video link once I've had the time to edit one for public viewing.

Cheers

Paul & Mel

View attachment 16650View attachment 16651View attachment 16652View attachment 16653

Lovely pictures. Great to be cooking some scran under that sunset!

Oiiiiiii that's another one of my spots you have found......find your own;) .........done a lot of fencing and forestry work for the wee farm just about half a mile on forest road from that wee spot.......lived and worked in Barr village for years,lots of great walks and well worth a visit.....now off to camoflauge remaining spots Paul hasn't found yet:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

Back