• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A decent deal from PlanetX

That does look good Rob, I'm making an effort to be good though, just had the credit card statement through.......

1577791911163.jpeg

Interesting to hear your Planet X experience; they seem to have marmite like support from within the cycling community!

sure the stove will be fine, probably made in the same factory as all the other jet-boil-esq and just as good as any of them.

Hmmm wasn’t aware they might have customer service issues , as long as it turns up I’m sure , as you say , it will be fine . I have a couple of jet boils , one has just gone belly up and replacement component was £35 so I thought I see what the Planet X one was like for £20 😁

Reactions: Bam
Makes sense Rob. Hope it works out for you.

So my stove arrived , didn’t take long and was well packaged . Comes with carry bag , simmer ring and stabiliser feet .

First impressions are that it’s not as robustly built as the jetboil but it comes ready to go and for the money is good value.

Fits a small gas canister as well as the larger ones , both fit inside with additional items and all packs away into the ditty bag .

I didn’t time the boiling times but they seemed to be comparative to my jetboil set up .

All in all I’m pleased with my purchase for £20 , the service from Planet X was problem free just remains to be seen how it lasts being used in the field .

Couple of pics for your delectation ........

93AD7FA1-6B0F-485D-B008-3E403C35FDC9.jpeg
70A41F94-598F-4F3B-931A-4336B2666B51.jpeg

That looks smart Rob, if I wasn't trying to be a good boy and not buy anything I'd be getting one at that price. Its always nice when a wee 'risky' purchase works out, good find.

I've had the Highlander jetboil copy for a couple years and it looks identical to this, so you should get lots of service out of yours. I paid £45, so £20 rocks!!!

Back