• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A few nights under the stars

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Summer is great sunny days and BBQ's, but sometimes a chilly night and a hearty beef stew are just as good P1040099_Fotor.jpg P1040101_Fotor.jpg P1040102_Fotor.jpg P1040104_Fotor.jpg P1040105_Fotor.jpg P1040107_Fotor.jpg P1040109_Fotor.jpg P1040111_Fotor.jpg P1040112_Fotor.jpg P1040113_Fotor.jpg

Thats very impressive. Enviable self sufficiency and beautiful country surroundings. Will show my wife your veggie haul...

Thanks for sharing...

Alan

Alas the camera that i am using just is not up to job , with regards the pictures i wanted , does not have long enough exposure time

Would love a garden like this med👍🏻

As nice as it is thankfully its not mine, I am just the live in staff here, boss is in his 70's and semi retired. the cost of keeping on top of things is a bit on th epricey side to say the least and im forever mowing the lawns.

Still a great lifestyle, even if you don't own it all Med. Owning a big place like that costs a fortune in upkeep. Did you ever manage to sort ot French residency permits or citizenship?

As nice as it is thankfully its not mine, I am just the live in staff here, boss is in his 70's and semi retired. the cost of keeping on top of things is a bit on th epricey side to say the least and im forever mowing the lawns.

As above buddy, it’s still a great lifestyle that am a tat envious of 👍🏻 And av had a few roast chickens in the oven after seeing your pictures on here 😁

Still a great lifestyle, even if you don't own it all Med. Owning a big place like that costs a fortune in upkeep. Did you ever manage to sort ot French residency permits or citizenship?
Nope and it looks like I will not meet the criteria for staying here, I had to be legally resident in France for 5 years that means being registered for tax, which I was not as well as not meeting income requirements ( I do not really have one, I live completely bill free with no official income) there are other conditions but i need to meet all of them if I have failed those 2 my question has already been answered, techincally I need to posses a residency permit by July 2021 or face possible deportation. Also this COVID malarky is making things difficult OR possibly easier as with the numbers that are in France at the moment another lock-down is more than possible and the EU and UK may have to come to some sort of unofficial grace period for EU nationals in UK and vice versa, it would be a bad move from a PR point of view if the EU starts booting people out amid a second or possible third wave.

So i shall keep my head down and just carry on as normal and wait and see, if i get booted so be it!!

France numbers:-

France.PNG

With Autumn here and the usual cold and flu starting up, what are the numbers going to be.................answers on a postcard please??

No idea mate but it ain't looking too rosey here either....You may as well do as you say and keep your head down and enjoy it while it lasts. I doubt officialdom even knows that you exist. I once accidentally fell off their radar for six years and had to make a lump sum payment to bring my National Insurance back up to date.

Reactions: Bam
Nope and it looks like I will not meet the criteria for staying here...

commiserations Med, i honestly know how you feel. i'm Canadian married to a British Citizen for 24 years now and i'm in limbo too. they consider me a Surinder Singh case and i might as well be from Afghanistan given how distainful they are about the whole thing. i can't imagine how shit it'll be if i get kicked out.

anyway, i hope your situation works out for you.

Back