• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A good alternative to or used with plasters for blisters.

Let us know how you get on with it Gary....hopefully you wont need it:thumbsup:

You could always stick a bit on BEFORE you get a blister just to see how well , it performs?

The whole point of zinc tape is to prevent blisters rather than to treat them.

You can use it to prevent them getting worse but best not to have them in the first place.

Let us know how you get on with it Gary....hopefully you wont need it:thumbsup:

You could always stick a bit on BEFORE you get a blister just to see how well , it performs?
Aye, will do Bill, looks a decent tape for the money :thumbsup:

Wolf,
When I was in the army(many years ago!), I was told that on the Nijmegen Marches the medics used to draw out the plasma in the blister with a syringe then injecting potassium permaganate back in, to sterilize the raw patch. I was also told that this was never done voluntarily and it took at least 4 other people to hold the patient down to stop him hitting said medic, then running off.

I have similar memories from my army days , it stings like crazy .......

Zinc Oxide tape i bought from China arrived yesterday, looks decent quality tape with nice tackyness to it, it should apply ok, if and when needed :thumbsup:

If you do use it , be careful when removing, best soaked off in the bath or run the risk of ripping your skin off ! Zinc Oxide tape is useful for protecting other pressure points on long hikes , we used to apply it to hips and shoulders when completing long marches with weight .......

Back