• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
A Guide To Stoves

Guide A Guide To Stoves

Woodland

Quite Addicted
Woodland submitted a new resource:

A Guide To Stoves - A Short Guide

Here is a little guide to what you need to know when considering buying a stove. There are a million stoves to choose from, some great, some entirely useless. From tiny pocket stoves to family sized barbecue grills, the world of outdoor cooking is massive and initially confusing. To make things more complicated you can get many models made from different materials. Stainless steel or titanium, for instance. And what fuel do you want to use, and why? Should you get a stove that needs a...

Read more about this resource...

Agree great write up well done on your first review, first class.

A very enlightening article, well written with detailed descriptions. Excellent mate, well done!!!.

i enjoyed reading this, i had one that i used when i went fishing, it was one of them that stood on the gas can and was rather unstable.... i remember what happened to it too.... my mate changed the gas with a lit cigarette, the thing blew up in his face luckily i was on hand with a fire extinguisher (great excuse to blast him in the face with it!!) he wasn't happy but he made me laugh!!

I have a Trangia kit and a Coleman 533 petrol stove... Although the Coleman is bulkier, i'd choose it everytime. Boils a litre of water in no time, and absolutely no faffing about. Fuel is very easy to find, and a fill lasts for a good while.

The only problem really, is that the fumes are clearly not safe in an enclosed space, but that's easy enough to get around.

Good write up.

Back