• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

a little stealth........

lol

Extremely Addicted
Intend to do a little stealth camp nearby tonight....after innumerable false starts :(

LK 35 without the added pockets, and although I was going bivvy (Snugpak Stratosphere) , instead I thought it would be fun to use the cotton F1 tent...I can manage that!!

No fires, dehydrated rations, but trangia in the One Tigris sat in an alloy tray...........o_O

(And OneShot...........yes, ok............ ;) )

What a night!!!

Very close to where I live, yet I've never managed a stealth night there.....despite several planned attempts, lol!
A lot of foot paths, and dog walkers from the village criss cross the area........:rolleyes:

Beautiful sunny afternoon and evening, quite hot and close. Food was limited to dehydrated mush. In the evening, were visited by bats and in the field in front of us roe and a fallow hind, but later, a muntjac decided to tickle its tonsils yards from my open tent.

Shortly after this the lightening started and almost continual thunder. I love a storm in a tent, but wasn't expecting this (showers possible?) and I had bought no waterproofs (close to home, maybe showers later....) left my twig burner, and closed ruck (LK35) outside, the latter hanging. All else in a liner bag in the tent.......

0430 came the rain........and then some :eek:..........the little F1 resisted gallantly . (the groundsheet was the weakest link), but by 0600 I thought it maybe best to strike; my mate had to be back early (OEX Bobcat), and I felt the rain was easing, but worried about an adjacent brook flooding in the runoff?
As the struck camp, it just DUMPED on us. No waterproofs, I got soaked, but kit stayed dry. I mean I was absolutely to the skin....soaked, so we've left the tents and brought everything else home and in a couple of hours, wet or not, I'll walk back and recover the tents!:D:rofl:

LOVE IT!!

Evening piccies.......

Attachments

• IMG_20220824_142053 1.jpg
    IMG_20220824_142053 1.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Resize 1.jpg
    Resize 1.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Resize 2.jpg
    Resize 2.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 105
Hi Lol :)

Sounds like you had quite a night in one way and another :thumbsup:
Agree with you.....nothing quite like seeing out a storm in a tent.
Look's like a really nice spot too.....and close to home is a bonus.

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup: and for the ermmmmmm:rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: lol
Cracking little write up.

I nearly always stealth camp even on the Moors - probably because I don't like people!

As for the weather, that's SOP's for Dartmoor

Reactions: lol
Another little canoe paddle overnight with Banzai on the Broads coming up. As there are no portages envisaged, no carrying, we are planning on real fire and food: I'm hoping/planning?............????........to do a roast chicken and roast spuds in an Omnia on the fire????o_O
(trial run at home on a gas hob worked well............)

Back