• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

a little trip

Now a

……...adding a wooden boat to the stable...………….. heres another mini tipi, a favourite of mine......

Digging that lavvu/tarp set up, what poles did you use ??

Great pics throughout the thread.

Digging that lavvu/tarp set up, what poles did you use ??

Great pics throughout the thread.
Thank you!
Attached is a GC Grebe on the nest (didn't want to get too close) up Womack water....

For the lavvu, I use A frame poles from a Blacks Good Companion Standard tent, occasionally these can be found on line. I am a huge fan of these tents and have 2 Majors, one with extended flysheet.
However, on the Blacks/Vango websites you can get A frames for the F10 tents which will also work very well...OR... extendable washing line poles from one of the sheds....... (some are more robust than others? ....OR.....extendable tarp/canopy poles which will be the heaviest option?

Attachments

• DSC00613 (2).JPG
    DSC00613 (2).JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 177
Thank you!
Attached is a GC Grebe on the nest (didn't want to get too close) up Womack water....

For the lavvu, I use A frame poles from a Blacks Good Companion Standard tent, occasionally these can be found on line. I am a huge fan of these tents and have 2 Majors, one with extended flysheet.
However, on the Blacks/Vango websites you can get A frames for the F10 tents which will also work very well...OR... extendable washing line poles from one of the sheds....... (some are more robust than others? ....OR.....extendable tarp/canopy poles which will be the heaviest option?

Thanks mate, I'll have a look. Have been doing a mental muster of poles I could use that I already have. I'll need to drag out the lavvu and have a play although as we've been doing stuff to the garden, the amount of 'tent space' has shrunk dramatically.

Saw Swallowtail butterflies, Marsh AND Hen harriers, and Common? Crane amongst much else...………..

….I think now, the HEN Harrier id was wrong...……… as they are normally only seen in marshes in the winter, if I understand things right...….. :(

In my head...…...every moment of every day...……...

My partner Sarah has been out with me, several times, exploring the Broads, glamping in the bell* tent, and will continue that with her next season, but I'm really up for a "wild" camp anytime .
Would love to do a 2 week trip, wild camping and pubbing/B and B down the Thames...…….

* on one 4 day trip we managed to use my GC Major tent instead......fantastic!!.

Attachments

• GC Major at Geldeston 1 (2).jpg
    GC Major at Geldeston 1 (2).jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 179
Back