• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A lovely morning for a walk..

Forager

Slightly Addicted
This morning I set out on a walk along the Auckland way railway path. It was part of the Bishop Auckland to Ferryhill line on the North Eastern Railway (NER). Its a pleasure looking at the railway bridges along this line.
rsz_20230208_100215.jpg
rsz_20230208_100529.jpg
rsz_20230208_102025.jpg

Following along the line I dropped down into the grounds of Auckland Castle. A well deserved cup of coffee was needed along with a steak and pepper pastie and of course some chocolate.
It's was nice listening and taking in the views of the grounds of Auckland Castle.
rsz_20230208_104117.jpg
rsz_120230208_103935.jpg
rsz_20230208_105035.jpg

What a cracking walk.... would be great to see some of these old lines back in action.....and with steam engines too 😀.....got a thing for old bridges.
Nice snack to keep your own engine going 😄

Hi @1 shot willie thanks for the lovely comments. It would be nice to see a few of the old lines open again and to see steam engines running. I have some super walks on my doorstep.
It was great having a brew and just chilling in the great outdoors.:thumbsup:

This morning I set out on a walk along the Auckland way railway path. It was part of the Bishop Auckland to Ferryhill line on the North Eastern Railway (NER). Its a pleasure looking at the railway bridges along this line.
View attachment 117503View attachment 117504View attachment 117505
Following along the line I dropped down into the grounds of Auckland Castle. A well deserved cup of coffee was needed along with a steak and pepper pastie and of course some chocolate.
It's was nice listening and taking in the views of the grounds of Auckland Castle.
View attachment 117506View attachment 117507View attachment 117508
My old railway line walk is almost identical to yours Jon

Back