• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A new pump...

Gulfalan67

Very Addicted
Yesterday I drove out to pick up my new pump that just arrived.
This time I've gone for the GX 200 ahead of the trusty 160.

Problem we've been facing is hassle reconfiguring every time we need to fill our or anybody else's tanks. Means we can't connect the pump up permanently to work most effectively.

So we bought a second pump. The old one will now be dedicated to transferring water into water tanks from our main household tanks and new one will go on the Toyota and plumbed into the system to fight fires.

Might look at it today.

Here's the GX 200
20220605_093110.jpg

Here's the 160 coming off the ute for static use
20220605_093117.jpg

Got a 230/110v genny with a Honda engine and its currently on loan to the clay shoot I frequent. I used it a couple of times for site work when I first got it 20 years ago 2nd hand, used it for a few times when we had the touring caravan, then it sat in various lock ups till about 4 years ago when the ground had a break in and I let them borrow it. They cleaned it all up as the fuel had set in it, and they reckon its a grand genny. It always started first pull for me.

I agree,Can’t go wrong with a Honda genny 👍🏻 My old boy had one for years…. When they do fail (almost never) there easily fixed or parts duffered up to make it go until you have the part lol worth every penny

So @Gulfalan67
Is the GX 200 a 200l/h pump and the 160 likewise? Or are the numbers just arbitrary?

OK. Confused as he said he'd bought a pump and used the GX 200 name. 🤷🏻‍♂️

OK. Confused as he said he'd bought a pump and used the GX 200 name. 🤷🏻‍♂️
The same engine goes on things like generators, rotovators and cylinder lawnmowers. My absolute favourite bit of kit is a Christie post driver with a Honda gx35 engine, tiny but powerful.

Back