• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A night on the new permission

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
Myself and @gavin spent a few hrs last night out shooting on a new permission i gained a month or so ago :thumbsup:

We turned up at the new golf course around 7 ish so we could have a look around as it was a first time visit :)

i went into the main reception area and asked for a layout/map of the greens so we would have some idea on where we were going :rofl:

The guy in recepion asked which course we were wanting to look at :eek::eek::eek:... Holy shit there is a 18hole course and another 9 hole course and also a 3 hole putting section with a massive driving range :):):):):):cool:

so i asked for a map for each and we were of for a wander with out the rifles just to get the lay of the land ......to say the course is large is an understatment :cool:

we spent a couple hrs wandering around looking for signs of wabbit activity :thumbsup:

Didnt take long and we were seeing them sat out in the evening sun blistfully unaware of what was to come :eek:

Darkness soon fell and it was time to lamp up and head out after a quick brew in the carpark :cool:

turned the gun lamp on and soon realised we needed a gattaling gun rather than an air rifle there were wabbits running in every direction :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

managed to bag a few and we called it a night as in truth the purpouse of the trip was to get a good idea on the lay of the land :thumbsup:

in conclusion the place is running with them i think its going to be a very nice shoot for me and @gavin for a few years to come ... gav took some photos which im sure he will add to this thread :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think last night was the highlight of my birthday weekend thanks to @Matt for letting me tagg along with you mate

These pictures are of the 9 hole course
IMG_20200710_202052.jpg
IMG_20200710_202040.jpg
IMG_20200710_195007.jpg
IMG_20200710_194959.jpg
IMG_20200710_202400.jpg

Looks amazing guys.....I feel knackered just looking at the pictures.....never mind walking it :rofl:.......is a buggy a possibility for you?

How many did you manage to bag?

Looks amazing guys.....I feel knackered just looking at the pictures.....never mind walking it :rofl:.......is a buggy a possibility for you?

How many did you manage to bag?

I think a buggy may be used but would have to ask and see :thumbsup: luckly where the main "action is " we can get the landrover fairly close and its prob 100yrds walk to the warrens so its not to far to walk each "section " of the shoot... i managed to bag a couple but to be truthfull i wasnt realy trying i was to busy laughing at "buckfeaver" @gavin :rofl::rofl::thumbsup: ... if i got a fiver every time he shouted " theres 1 " id be a very rich man

:rofl:

Last edited:
at a ruff count we saw around 30-50 wabbits ... most stood still for the lamp .... was great to see so many there ... as said before the trip was a fact finding mission for us rather than an all out shoot :cool: ... next time will be a different story :thumbsup:

at a ruff count we saw around 30-50 wabbits ... most stood still for the lamp .... was great to see so many there ... as said before the trip was a fact finding mission for us rather than an all out shoot :cool: ... next time will be a different story :thumbsup:
I think a buggy may be used but would have to ask and see :thumbsup: luckly where the main "action is " we can get the landrover fairly close and its prob 100yrds walk to the warrens so its not to far to walk each "section " of the shoot... i managed to bag a couple but to be truthfull i wasnt realy trying i was to busy laughing at "buckfeaver" @gavin :rofl::rofl::thumbsup: ... if i got a fiver every time he shouted " theres 1 " id be a very rich man

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: WE GOT A SQUEALER :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
There's one there's one theres one there's one......
Christ there tall wabbits, No it's a herd of deer......
God look at the eye shine on her.......
Bulls Eye grab that man a cigar.......
Just a few quotes from last night what a laugh it was
The small wabbit shaped posts on the green kept stumping me with the lamp there's one no Gav it's a post. Why the hell would they put reflective tape on a post for a golf course matt baffles me golfers don't hit there balls at night :whistle:

1 or 1 hundred....does not matter mate.......the joy of the hunt beats all :thumbsup:

Back