• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A one nighter with my mate

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Havent been out in a while, managed a one nighter,Tuesday, at my permission with my mate Jay. Was nice to get out and chat around the campfire. Was a clear night with the moon casting across the woods. Blissful. Started on a dam in the river hoping for a bathing pool and maybe stock with some small fish? Its a work in progress. Have obtained permission from landowner to alter the watercourse.
20181024_085459.jpg 20181024_085507.jpg 20181024_085512.jpg 20181024_085523.jpg 20181024_160919.jpg 20181024_085546.jpg 20181024_160958.jpg 20181024_160942.jpg

Cracking :thumbsup: good luck with the dam:thumbsup:

Looks like you have found a top area with all the permission you need to make a good camp :D can’t beet it mate :D

Glad you and your mate enjoyed the overnighter.
Great pictures.....that permanent shelter looks inviting......how far is it from your water source??
Have you more work to do on the shelter or are happy with it as it is??

Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Cracking :thumbsup: good luck with the dam:thumbsup:

Looks like you have found a top area with all the permission you need to make a good camp :D can’t beet it mate :D
Matt and a few others on here have been there years ago on a meet arranged by someone i used to know. It used to be very damp and wet but have been slowly sorting it out on my own. Unblocking and redirecting some small streams. Taken down the old rotten shelters etc. When they came on the meet before it was a bit of a flop, people were trying to charge and make a fast buck. Those people have nowt to do with it anymore. But the stigma has stuck and no one seems interested. I try getting people to come there for meets just for the company, and some input on what can be done there to improve the site, maybe a hand to do a few things, but still no joy. Ill just enjoy it and plod along slowly.

Glad you and your mate enjoyed the overnighter.
Great pictures.....that permanent shelter looks inviting......how far is it from your water source??
Have you more work to do on the shelter or are happy with it as it is??

Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:
Water course is about 20mts away.
Always improvements to be made, as i find more dead standing or wind felled i add to the shelter a little more.

Looks like a great camp, any Cray's in the river ?
No crays and no fish of any substantial size. Thinking once the dam is complete fishing for some small trout or similar and adding them there? Loads of ideas like trapping and ading rabbits and pheasant. Planting fruit trees where other tress have died and fallen. Parachute canopy, kitchen lots and lots of ideas!

Matt and a few others on here have been there years ago on a meet arranged by someone i used to know. It used to be very damp and wet but have been slowly sorting it out on my own. Unblocking and redirecting some small streams. Taken down the old rotten shelters etc. When they came on the meet before it was a bit of a flop, people were trying to charge and make a fast buck. Those people have nowt to do with it anymore. But the stigma has stuck and no one seems interested. I try getting people to come there for meets just for the company, and some input on what can be done there to improve the site, maybe a hand to do a few things, but still no joy. Ill just enjoy it and plod along slowly.

If I was closer I would be there with bells on lol:D
Still plodding on as you said will get the job done and it will only get better :thumbsup:

Back