• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A proper power bank

lee

Slightly Obsessed
I made this power bank about 15 years ago before the pocket ones existed and it was and still is used when camping to charge phones etc made up from a sealed acid free 12v battery (from a mobility scooter) with a fussed 12v double cigarette socket. It's still going strong and lasts a week.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Now that's the business lee that's exactly what a need :thumbsup::thumbsup: Top post m8

Before that I use to take car batteries but not good with the acid risk mark.

True lee a wouldn't want any acid had enough when a was a kid :confused::rofl:

We're can a get one Lee

For the battery try mobility shops and your recycling centre for used ones other than that it's eBay for a new one, i know there is better battery's out there now, try to get a gel one.

I made up a car charging lead to charge the battery on the move.. .just 2 of these with built in fuses and some good quality double cable. Then both plugs plug into the car cigarette socket and the battery double cigarette socket.

image.jpeg

Back