• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A squidge too far...

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Decided to dig out a Slow Cooker, a present from my Daughter in law who is convinced my lack of cooking skills will be the death of me one day.
Ha! No problem, a veg pack, chopped Tomatoes, little Spuds and Chicken fillets that I've diced up and the magic mix in a packet by Mr Colman...Chucked it all in the pot and in a moment of madness, I found a tube of Garlic Puree in the cupboard. It's been there a while and felt quite hard.....
Take the top off and squeeze...Nothing...squeeze harder...a bit harder...Blurt!! Too late, half a tube in the pot. Never mind I quite like Garlic. 😜
Switched the cooker on and already the place smells like a French Cafe ! All I need is someone smoking Gauloises and playing the Accordian and you could call me Pierre...

Ah! Now you tell me...It's bubbling away like the Witches pot in MacBeth...The Garlic smell is really powerful and obviously spreading outside the cottage, because there's 3 dead Vampires outside the back door... 😂

You could always save any excess liquid to make a bowl (or two) of soup ;) stick a fat slice of french bread on top of the bowl cover with cheese, bung under the grill... heaven.

Well, it didn't look too bad and tasted quite good really. Place smells of Garlic a bit though, so I've had nothing but complaints from someone with a grizzly attitude making barefaced rude comments and silly gestures.

I can see Donald is not the only one who's likely to get evicted. 😊

DSC00285.JPG

DSC00284.JPG

Back