• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A stormy night with a muddy ending ....

IF....manned, will be manned by "CoastWatch" volunteers......Coastguard it seems have withdrawn to computer rooms somewhere, and local knowledge has counted for nothing...…….certainly on the Anglian coast.

(who woke me up?)
Is it any wonder that our borders are so porous, it seems that bringing in migrants, guns or drugs is far easier than most of the U.K. Population realised. There was a TV program recently that highlighted how easy it is to smuggle people into the UK from mainland Europe or Ireland.
Sometimes it seems like the government have given up trying.

Is it any wonder that our borders are so porous, it seems that bringing in migrants, guns or drugs is far easier than most of the U.K. Population realised. There was a TV program recently that highlighted how easy it is to smuggle people into the UK from mainland Europe or Ireland.
Sometimes it seems like the government have given up trying.

Didn't see it but I've often wondered when the news is reporting it as ''A hundred were caught this month making it the busiest of the year....' stuff just how many are making it through, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty otherwise the business would dry up for the people smugglers.

Its not something I lose sleep over although the implied '100%' does make me.... :rolleyes:

As far as I remember, all the people who made the attempt on the program (except for one guy who tried to kayak across the Channel and had to turn back) gained access to the UK mainland without a passport, no-one was even close to being caught or detained.

Reactions: Bam
Giving it - (Project Kraken????) a name endorses the otherwise blinding obvious, as an initiative from the Govt., and are therefore doing "something"

Reactions: Bam
Back