• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A TRIP OOT WITH THE LADS 😁

It was scranned in seconds, Gizmo very generously gifted me a bit of Lorne and a snorker which gave me enough energy to walk out but I was feeling the malnutrition coming on again.... Macky D to the rescue. 😀

Well am all Nice an settled with the feet up in front of the telly :D

It was a cracking place to camp also excellent company, spot on to @MildredsSmurf for selecting the area :thumbsup:. We kicked the trip of with me meeting up with @G1ZmO so I could follow him to the spot, we then met up with @Bam and @MildredsSmurf, seemed a little animosity between them two, I believe someone forgot the breakfast :whistle: (I won’t go into that :sneaky::D) I then nicked @Forest wanders parking space :oopsy: but he was a gent about it and proceeded to the next car park... I was glad to see at this point I wasn’t the only one to pack light :rolleyes:...... of we went to the trees to get set up. Some beautiful scenery.
C1BE27BD-7A0D-4BBF-96C2-1F1510C45E16.jpeg
9F82B605-F8D6-4D7F-8BC9-09131501BC67.jpeg

After what seemed like a training mission from the SAS 🥵we arrived at a cracking spot

6BF20086-C7A0-4CD8-9116-F54D793C5B75.jpeg

01AF5E45-A47E-4245-9995-D734FBB4DF71.jpeg

We all got set up and @Bam and @MildredsSmurf collected fire wood, we chopped it up and sat round the fire putting the world to rights, as you do.... now the saying goes, time flies by when you have fun.....but in our case, it seemed to stand still 🤷🏼‍♂️. We had some grub and a few drinks and talked the night away.

Thanks to @Bam @MildredsSmurf @Forest wanders and the dug @G1ZmO for a cracking time and some good laughs and memories 👍🏻👍🏻

Till the next time 😁

Well am all Nice an settled with the feet up in front of the telly :D

It was a cracking place to camp also excellent company, spot on to @MildredsSmurf for selecting the area :thumbsup:. We kicked the trip of with me meeting up with @G1ZmO so I could follow him to the spot, we then met up with @Bam and @MildredsSmurf, seemed a little animosity between them two, I believe someone forgot the breakfast :whistle: (I won’t go into that :sneaky::D) I then nicked @Forest wanders parking space :oopsy: but he was a gent about it and proceeded to the next car park... I was glad to see at this point I wasn’t the only one to pack light :rolleyes:...... of we went to the trees to get set up. Some beautiful scenery.View attachment 19763View attachment 19764
After what seemed like a training mission from the SAS 🥵we arrived at a cracking spot

View attachment 19765
View attachment 19766

We all got set up and @Bam and @MildredsSmurf collected fire wood, we chopped it up and sat round the fire putting the world to rights, as you do.... now the saying goes, time flies by when you have fun.....but in our case, it seemed to stand still 🤷🏼‍♂️. We had some grub and a few drinks and talked the night away.

Thanks to @Bam @MildredsSmurf @Forest wanders and the dug @G1ZmO for a cracking time and some good laughs and memories 👍🏻👍🏻

Till the next time 😁
I had a cracking time too and it was great to meet you all. Look forward to the next time too. :)

Nice write up and pictures Mark :thumbsup:

Its good the "Band of Brothers" got the chance to meet up and put names to faces and enjoy the time shared together :thumbsup:
At least YOU could all understand the chat around the fire :rofl:

How were the kit trials mate....all good??:)

Back home and pretty knackered I must admit.
We had a great night and I had a comfortable and warm sleep in my Snugpak Expansion 4 bag although my hammock wasn't quite level and I kept sliding down the bottom.
Here are a few pics. There will be a video too once I've edited it and this includes some scary scenes of tree surgery at height with a saw. (Mark)
It was good to meet everyone and put faces to nicknames. :)

2019-11-16 12.11.20.jpg
2019-11-16 12.11.30-1.jpg
2019-11-16 13.07.38.jpg
2019-11-16 20.22.50.jpg
2019-11-16 21.08.48.jpg
IMG_0617.jpg
IMG_0620.jpg
2019-11-17 10.32.53.jpg
2019-11-17 10.45.11.jpg
2019-11-17 10.32.53.jpg
IMG_0624.jpg
2019-11-17 10.44.34.jpg

Attachments

• 2019-11-17 10.32.38.jpg
    2019-11-17 10.32.38.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 121
Nice write up and pictures Mark :thumbsup:

Its good the "Band of Brothers" got the chance to meet up and put names to faces and enjoy the time shared together :thumbsup:
At least YOU could all understand the chat around the fire :rofl:

How were the kit trials mate....all good??:)

The carinthia bag Held it’s on :thumbsup: However I do need a under quilt for the hammock.and a mat lol.

Good to see you chaps getting out together

Now that you have broken the ice it could become a regular thing ! :thumbsup:

That's the plan mate, be good to make it happen.

Can't really add to what's already been said, a great wee trip away and hope to do it again. Just with fecking breakfast next time (thanks to Gizmo for a bit of 'sausage sans frontieres').

Back