• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A UK EDC query

As someone who delivers forest school packages to schools I very rarely visit one without a knife, usually two or three!

I clearly have a legitimate reason but may think of adding a declaration to be signed by the HM that I am on school grounds/the vicinity of children legitimately with said articles!

Speaking as someone who carried a sheath knife on my belt or a pocket Swiss Army knife from around 7 years old until the 1988 legislation (and the olny person I ever managed to cut was myself) I think a lot of the legislation is overkill. It still doesn't address violent crime as criminals ignore the law, it's practically part of their job description...and a conviction for wounding someone with a knife seems to be a required part of their résumé.

I think the reason for some of the law change has been to force the courts hands in terms of sentencing guidelines; set crime carries minimum set sentence etc.

I think the reason for some of the law change has been to force the courts hands in terms of sentencing guidelines; set crime carries minimum set sentence etc.

Yet there are still repeat offenders being referred to knife crime awareness seminars run by local councils rather than being given a meaningful sentence.
I see it more as the government trying to look like they're being tough on crime while at the same time they were still plundering the budget of the police forces up and down the country and cutting police numbers.

Back