• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A walk from Craigneith Castle to Basket Crag then some coffee

Hi Paul.

Another nice video mate and some good camera work:thumbsup:
Have you ever been tempted to have a scan around the old Chapel with a metal detector?
Glad the weather held up for you.....looked like a nice day out.

Excellent link back to the forum by the way :thumbsup:

Thanks Bill,
I don't have a metal detector but I believe it's been done many a time around there already.
My mate used to go down into the cellars of the old castle when he was a boy but the council found the hole and filled it with concrete as a H&S measure.
The same council that had the castle blown up in the 60s! You'd never get away with that these days. The other video I posted covers bits of the other castle on the other side of the river too.

Yes, I do want to do another few over-nighters and am happy to try somewhere new if you have suggestions.
Late July and early August is bad for me as our daughter is getting married then we have the forum summer meet but earlier in the July would suit?

Totally forgot about the summer meeting lol not sure I can manage early July. I do have 2 weeks of from the 9th but most of that is booked out with the family. Could possibly sneak an overnight or day trip in but it would have to be spur of the moment. Not ideal a know lol.

Back