• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A walk in Queen Elizabeth Forest

It was thanks.
It was also a wee look at the designated camping area at Loch Achray. There are rubber matted areas behind the toilet block and down by the lochside.
This is part of the camping management zone which means that camping in the area needs a permit between March and September.
We set up for a cuppa beside the loch and with a period of 15 mins 2 ranger vehicles and 1 walking ranger passed us. Obviously checking out that nobody was lighting fires or illegally camping.
What I'm unclear about (and I should probably have asked a ranger) is whether the restriction applies to only the lochside areas. I'm sure you could stealth camp a few hundred meters into the woods.
A couple of pics of the sign and rubber matted camping areas.

loch Achray camping area.png
loch Achray tent pitches.png
loch Achray text.png

Sure it's just Lochside, don't see the rangers climbing Ben an or going through the forests... And all because some folk can't take rubbish home or refrain from cutting live trees for firewoodšŸ˜ 

A campers jail....a will stop there lol for fear I may take the thread of topic :oopsy:

Back