• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A warm hello to everyone!

TheWanderer

Slightly Talkative
Over the past couple of years, I've been cultivating my knowledge and skills in self-reliance, bushcraft and general outdoorsmanship. I have to say, the comprehensive wealth of information you each have contributed to on this website has played an enormous part in developing my skillset, and love of the great outdoors. I want to send a warm, heartfelt thank you to each and every one of you for what you've shared so far on this forum. In doing so, you unwittingly guided me down the right path, and helped me learn the important things in order to get the most out of my adventures.

I've decided it's finally time for me to sign up to this forum, not just that I might also be able to chirp in and lend some of my own opinions and tricks I've picked up so far, but to hopefully meet and befriend some like-minded people who share my love for traditional outdoors skills, equipment and experiences.

A brief bit about me: I'm the type of guy who prefers the reliability of heavy wool, leather and canvas over goretex and lightweight synthetics. I'm pretty disillusioned with a lot of aspects of modern life, and so bushcraft for me is a type of escapism; I find it refreshing to connect with the way our ancestors did things. Some bits of my gear obviously have to be modern, but I generally try to use the old-fashioned versions of tools and clothing where applicable (they haven't failed me yet; those old-timers really did know their stuff). I enjoy wild camping, hiking, orienteering, practicing bushcraft, and having a go at the traditional, reliable ways of doing things, etc. I'm always looking for ways to improve my field-gear, discovering new, specific places to camp, hike or explore, and learning about traditional methods. It'd be brilliant to meet like minded people to learn alongside with on here, and maybe even get out and camp with!

Once again, cheers. No doubt this forum will continue to be an invaluable resource of information for countless other budding bushmen and women for many years to come, and I look forward to being a part of it. If I ever get to meet any of you (and I'm sure I will)... I owe you a pint :thumbsup: - Al

Over the past couple of years, I've been cultivating my knowledge and skills in self-reliance, bushcraft and general outdoorsmanship. I have to say, the comprehensive wealth of information you each have contributed to on this website has played an enormous part in developing my skillset, and love of the great outdoors. I want to send a warm, heartfelt thank you to each and every one of you for what you've shared so far on this forum. In doing so, you unwittingly guided me down the right path, and helped me learn the important things in order to get the most out of my adventures.

I've decided it's finally time for me to sign up to this forum, not just that I might also be able to chirp in and lend some of my own opinions and tricks I've picked up so far, but to hopefully meet and befriend some like-minded people who share my love for traditional outdoors skills, equipment and experiences.

A brief bit about me: I'm the type of guy who prefers the reliability of heavy wool, leather and canvas over goretex and lightweight synthetics. I'm pretty disillusioned with a lot of aspects of modern life, and so bushcraft for me is a type of escapism; I find it refreshing to connect with the way our ancestors did things. Some bits of my gear obviously have to be modern, but I generally try to use the old-fashioned versions of tools and clothing where applicable (they haven't failed me yet; those old-timers really did know their stuff). I enjoy wild camping, hiking, orienteering, practicing bushcraft, and having a go at the traditional, reliable ways of doing things, etc. I'm always looking for ways to improve my field-gear, discovering new, specific places to camp, hike or explore, and learning about traditional methods. It'd be brilliant to meet like minded people to learn alongside with on here, and maybe even get out and camp with!

Once again, cheers. No doubt this forum will continue to be an invaluable resource of information for countless other budding bushmen and women for many years to come, and I look forward to being a part of it. If I ever get to meet any of you (and I'm sure I will)... I owe you a pint :thumbsup: - Al
:welcome: Hi matey, a great intro and thanks for the plaudits . As you said there's a great deal of knowledge here so pull up a log and join in the fun

Wow, some intro, I couldn't write that if I tried, anyways, welcome to the forum.

Hi Al.

Great introduction.
Its always nice to receive positive feedback for the forum and its members.....TWITCH
TWITCH look forward to your input TWITCH and TWITCH Welcome to the Forum..........TWITCH :alien9::alien10::alien2:

Back