• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A wee hike to have breakfast and to find potential campsites

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
So I went out on a wee wander yesterday morning with the intent of catching some of the March morning sunshine.
Unfortunately several things conspired against me meaning that I didn't get out until late morning by which time the clouds were starting to come over and the wind picking up.

First off was a walk up through a section of trees and a lot of gorse (I avoided this on the way back by walking through the muddy field) until I got to an area of Scots pine near the top of the hill.
Note for @Stephen - The Scots Pine area is good with flat dry ground and plenty fire wood but no water source.
I had a wander about there and set about having some very late breakfast on the Trianga stove then headed back down and crossed the road to the second part of the hike.

There I saw a fox, some deer and a squirrel and had a wee mooch around the area including the river and the old lean-to that someone had left.

All in all a good wee few hours and a bit of exercise.

I recorded the hike in 2 parts and a channel intro video too.

Part 1:

Part 2: See below (still editing)

Intro Video:

Hi Paul.

Thanks for sharing the videos......enjoyed watching them.
Like your intro video. ...very honest and nice you gave the forum a mention too.

Keep them coming.

Looking forward to seeing these areas your finding @G1ZmO :) Iā€™ve not had he chance to get out the last few weeks sadly hopefully next week butšŸ¤žšŸ»

Back