• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A wee overnighter

Ha, funnily enough, I've buckled and back to Devilla tomorrow night, since the missus is 'working from home'.... a bit of further 'self isolation' will make things easier. A neighbour has pointed out that I've been practising for this for a number of years with my lifestyle, the missus, not so much. :lol:

.....and had a slight frost on the inside, by the time I got to it!
The sleeping bag (dutch m90) kept me plenty warm enough at several deg below; alas I must have been at a slight slope, because my mat (I was using a closed cell mechanics mat*, as I use for multi roles when in canoe) kept going AWOL, and I was 1/2 on the floor, with a achey back :( :lol: during the night......
Randy pigeons flapping around guy ropes at 0530, but we'll see what the camera traps throws up............? Morning!!!

* kneeling mat in canoe/camp and with thermarest trekker chair kit, a very comfortable chair...and of course a sleeping mat....sometimes!

Bah, the missus has pointed out (quite rightly) that a trip to Devilla probably doesn't qualify as 'essential'. There's some nearby woods but they're well used and fairly open. Instead I'll have a fire out the back and cook a steak on it. :( Desperate to get out.......

was going to go out this weekend but police are now giving out fines to people who leave there home for no good reason here in the south west
In case there's any doubt, I'm only going up my tiddly garden..............honest officer......

As an aside (don't mean to hijack anything), my neighbours son, who has made himself homeless, many times, arrives back home, but there's no available bedroom, and with the current situation is stuffed.
So I've lent him (it'll never come back, sound, so perhaps write it off?) one of my 2 modded lavvus, given him my massive czech army officers huge sleeping bag/quilt thing, a trail 10cm sim, poly tarp/sheet and a guitar...but that's another story!
Set it up for him at the top of Mums garden, and the last few nights, with a bag in the bag, says he has been really comfortable and snug...so there's now two of us up the garden(s)!!! :lol: :lol:
He'll be sleeping in it until restrictions are lifted and he can get some income again, gigging...........

As an aside (don't mean to hijack anything), my neighbours son, who has made himself homeless, many times, arrives back home, but there's no available bedroom, and with the current situation is stuffed.
So I've lent him (it'll never come back, sound, so perhaps write it off?) one of my 2 modded lavvus, given him my massive czech army officers huge sleeping bag/quilt thing, a trail 10cm sim, poly tarp/sheet and a guitar...but that's another story!
Set it up for him at the top of Mums garden, and the last few nights, with a bag in the bag, says he has been really comfortable and snug...so there's now two of us up the garden(s)!!! :lol: :lol:
He'll be sleeping in it until restrictions are lifted and he can get some income again, gigging...........

Fair play to you mate, it nice to be nice. You're a better man than me though if the guy has previous for "making himself homeless, many times". Hope he gets with the program.

Piccies on 1Shot's instructions: yet another overnighter in the garden, the excuse being it should be cold and I have the Snugpak Softie 15 to try out..............
How it fares will be tomorrows post in 1 Shots column on the Tactical 4...(equipment etc.,......)
Got to spread all the excitement out as much as poss......... :thumbsup:

1/Snugpak Softie 15 Xtra long with Expanda panel
2/same
3/ Shoulder and neck baffles
4/ er..........
5/ for tonight on Multimat sim as recc. by Mat I think....brilliant!
6/ zips front and back instead of the buttons

Attachments

• IMG_20200331_151015.jpg
    IMG_20200331_151015.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20200331_151043.jpg
    IMG_20200331_151043.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20200331_151154.jpg
    IMG_20200331_151154.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20200331_154517.jpg
    IMG_20200331_154517.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20200331_154601.jpg
    IMG_20200331_154601.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20200331_154638.jpg
    IMG_20200331_154638.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 103
:rofl: :rofl: Look good Lol :thumbsup: the sleeping bag looks proper job :thumbsup:

Not MORE pictures of the Luvvu :rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:;)

Enjoy the night and testing....hope all goes well :thumbsup:

• Haha
Reactions: lol
Review post use is in the thread, "Equipment, Tactical 4....."

Was, very cosy!

Back