• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A wee wander down Cadzow Burn

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
I spent an hour or so today looking for a local place I can safely take my wife and son and I'm quite satisfied that this area is quiet enough that we wouldn't be disturbed.
Found an old car at the bottom of a 40' cliff, in the middle of the woods, how on earth it ended up there is beyond me but, given the old model, it's been there a long time.

Can anyone guess what it is?

I also found someone's shelter though it was a bit torn up and may not have been used recently.

Here are some pics.

20170203-IMG_9474.jpg 20170203-IMG_9474-2.jpg 20170203-IMG_9475.jpg 20170203-IMG_9476.jpg 20170203-IMG_9477.jpg 20170203-IMG_9478.jpg 20170203-IMG_9479.jpg 20170203-IMG_9480_stitch.jpg

Nice location Paul, I have been looking for a nice location myself that I can use. Problem is that all the wooded areas around me are closely monitored my the Foresty Commission or council wood management teams. Bit too touristie I guess I need to go further afield.

Looks like an ideal hideaway...water source......plenty of cover and a shed load of deadfall for the fire.......heaven :D
Is it fairily easy access for you?

Looking at the size of that goyle......do you think the car could have been swept away and washed downstream in a flood?

As for the make......I'll have a guess at a 1980s Ford Granada ?
Have that back on the road with a little bit of TLC and a new paint job:rofl:

Look forward to some write ups and more pictures from your new found haven.....very nice spot.....hope you and the family have hours of peace and fun in there :thumbsup:

Back