• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A wild camp in the canoe (well anglers can?)

same with me next week mate .... having a 4 nighter from sunday :)
FOUR 4!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :confused::mad::thumbsup: Thats only one digit away from a handful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.......but you ARE gonna stink!!!!

That inflatable rack looks ideal Lol...My Canoe is wood, strip built so not light, I haven't got a clue how much it weighs but I see those racks are good up to 175 lbs, so it should be ok. It would make life a lot simpler than keep faffing around unscrewing a fixed rack. I shall investigate them a bit more. Thanks for the heads up..:thumbsup:

Reactions: lol
That inflatable rack looks ideal Lol...My Canoe is wood, strip built so not light, I haven't got a clue how much it weighs but I see those racks are good up to 175 lbs, so it should be ok. It would make life a lot simpler than keep faffing around unscrewing a fixed rack. I shall investigate them a bit more. Thanks for the heads up..:thumbsup:
I find it so.....I'm surprised your strip canoe isn't light...that's one of their virtues? My wood boat (stich and glue) is 27kg, but my plastic boat is 37kg!!! The rack is rated to 80kg which is as much as most roof panels are...........

To be honest Lol, I don't know what is considered to be light or heavy with canoes. I can pick this one up no problem but it's a bit unwieldy probably because I haven't got the right technique. It's just under 16 feet long, Spruce and epoxy sheath.
canoe-3.jpg

The only other canoe I've handled was about 15 foot and some kind of plastic and felt lighter, but they may be because I was younger...:rofl:

Attachments

• canoe-3.jpg
    canoe-3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 17
I happened to be in the right place at the right time. He was desperate to sell and as soon as a saw it's lines and the craftsmanship, I didn't hesitate to buy it at a silly low price.

Ely-2.jpg

Attachments

• Ely-2.jpg
    Ely-2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 18
Nnnnghshi.nnnnggfddd............mutter, splutter, spit out bits of teeth........................

How does she paddle?

Looks like a great wee camp there. :) I've shared this on FB here

Another little overnight trip in the upper reaches of a Norfolk river...... a couple of decent heavy showers and thunder, but all stayed dry apart from 2 eejits out exploring in thie canoes!!!
The little cotton F1 didn't let a drop in; the LK 35 was sublime...there was a long walk to the put in, my first usage of a hand axe to fashion tent pegs went well and so did the log splitting and fire lighting with steel.
Grass snakes ,myriad of butterfly varieties, as dragon and damsel flies, and the local waters proved a hotspot for the rare ish Ramshorn snail
Bannock for breakfast,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_144600.jpg
    IMG_20200702_144600.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20200702_180245.jpg
    IMG_20200702_180245.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20200702_153633 1.jpg
    IMG_20200702_153633 1.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20200702_180310 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200702_180310 (2).jpg
    543 KB · Views: 108
Another little overnight trip in the upper reaches of a Norfolk river...... a couple of decent heavy showers and thunder, but all stayed dry apart from 2 eejits out exploring in thie canoes!!!
The little cotton F1 didn't let a drop in; the LK 35 was sublime...there was a long walk to the put in, my first usage of a hand axe to fashion tent pegs went well and so did the log splitting and fire lighting with steel.
Grass snakes ,myriad of butterfly varieties, as dragon and damsel flies, and the local waters proved a hotspot for the rare ish Ramshorn snail
Bannock for breakfast,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

looks fabulous 👍

This trip was very short paddling, but a long walk with pack and boats to the put in. We went exploring a bit of the river after setting camp, but had to depart early this morning.
Was joined in the eve., by the vlogger/blogger/????? "Simon a Bloke in the Woods" In the co. of Gods!! :whistle: :rofl::rofl:

Hoping to do a 3 day/2 nighter on the Gt Ouse before too long.........

1/ a bit of rain?
2/supper
3/

Attachments

• waveney 2020 1.jpg
    waveney 2020 1.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 116
  • waveney 2020 2.jpg
    waveney 2020 2.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Waveney 2020.jpg
    Waveney 2020.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 118
Nice photos. I'd much prefer your trip to the video the other day of the bloke in the Yukon. All those rocks, rapids and Midges. Better the quiet of a Norfolk river, well for me at least. :thumbsup:

(Saxonaxe)........I still got bitten................. :(

A bit of water can be fun though...occasionally. But Banzai did see a big pike that had a startle as we glided over...... ;)

Last edited:
Last 3 piccies supplied by "Banzai"......last one "Old fart on a log..."

Looks brilliant Lol and glad you had a good time. Look forward to the next trip.

Reactions: lol
Back