• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

About to change the motor.

divebuddy

Staff member
Well I've given in to the comments from Matt and bought a Discovery to replace the Freelander. Cleaned up the Freelander today and collecting the Disco tomorrow. A final pic of the Freebie which has served me well is attached. looks good when it's wet! I'll put up some pics of the new one when I get back tomorrow.
DSC_1047.JPG

I'm sure I read a story recently about a sunken galleon in the loch that was rumoured to be carrying chests full of gold doubloons ! :whistle:

Well it's arrived. I think its going to be fine but it is bigger than the Freelander. I've done about 15 miles in it and enjoying the ride. Put £90 worth of fuel in it! Just reading the handbook to find out where everything is. For the interested its an 04 plate Landmark automatic Discovery 2. Black leather seats (7), 18 inch wheels with new tyres, air suspension (working ok) and a few bells and whistles. A few pics attached.
DSC_1054.JPG
DSC_1055.JPG
DSC_1056.JPG
DSC_1057.JPG

Hi Bill, had a long chat with Matt about a few things. I am enjoying it now getting used to the auto box. Time will tell but it appears to be ok. Thanks for asking. I won't be going on the Scotland trip despite the nagging from you and Kneef. Would need to take out a mortgage for the fuel at the current rate of use!

Back