• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
AccuCover Rifle Scope Cover Review

Review AccuCover Rifle Scope Cover Review

Gambo

Slightly Talkative
Gambo submitted a new resource:

AccuCover Rifle Scope Cover Review - Review Of The AccuCover Rifle Scope Cover

The AccuCover is an aiming and accuracy enhancement device that fits the rear ocular eyebell of the scope, much the same as many other flip-up type scope covers. It has a rubberised body tube, moulded onto a hinged plastic collar, to which the cover itself is fitted. The hinge is spring loaded, so on operating the opening button, the cover automatically moves out of your line of sight, giving an unobstructed view through the scope.

I was...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one it came free when I subscribed to airgun mag. These are £19:99 but the mag subs were £27 so £7:01 for 12 months of magazine.I have found it a distraction at first as well but I do not think now and i found it does help your times but I'm not sure about improving accuracy. If you take your time for the shot then without it you can hit the centre of targets anyway. With this cover it happens a bit quicker ( I found anyway ) Not sure it's worth £20, also with 3 sizes and not one fits all it could be more expensive if you have a few scopes.Just thought I'd put my pennith in!

I got one these just over a week ago. Now for one reason or another, I've always leaned slightly to one side.:confused: This little gadget pointed this out straight away, and now, at least I know I'm holding the gun straight, which can only be a good thing. It's only me now if I miss.:D Good gadget, for me at least.

Not so sure about the Accucover, to me it's just a bit more clobber on your gun. When do we stop. I have my gun, my scope, my lens covers , my night lamp, my pressure switch, my coloured lamp filters, My bi-pod, now my Accucover. No, I'm not sold on this one, but that's just me. Geoff

i havent used one but would certainly like one when i have some spare coin..

i bought one and it arrived today and after fitting it to the scope im amazed i actualy hit anything. as yet ive not been out with it, thats going to have to wait until friday at the earliest or yorkshire dales early saturday. my problem now is when offering it up im struggling with eye releaf... i just cant win

I was talking to Dave at International Firearms and he knows his stuff. I asked him about the AccuCover and he reckons they're nothing special. Sure, they look good, but I wouldn't bother. For less than £20, you can get a decent set of flip ups like Butler Creeks or Bushwackers. Providing your scope is aligned dead square, you shouldn't have any problems. And your scope needs to aligned properly for the bloody thing to work so it's a bit pointless really. Just my humble opinion anyway.

ive just fitted one of these, id think they would benefit new shooter mainly, especially if considered a training aid for getting posture and hold right, and to stop canting. I could tell i was canting without it it, but i realised i needed a littke bit more correction once id fitted it.

Build quality is actually rather good and i think much better than the bushwacker flips (i have one of those in amber on my front lens) - ive had to resort to using a zip tie to keep the bushy in place even though its the 'correct' size and if you put the bushy on 'too much' on yoyr scope, the flip cover wont lock closed - none of these happen with the accucovers

i will however say i feel theyre hugely over priced at around £20 Ppound sterling (at tme of writing) but theyre better value than so called 'proper' bubble levels.

I've recently bought one of these after watching Nigel Allens video on airgun tv.Robust piece of kit and it stopped me canting my head, a thing i thought i didn't do.Well worth a try.Rob.

i bought one and it arrived today and after fitting it to the scope im amazed i actualy hit anything. as yet ive not been out with it, thats going to have to wait until friday at the earliest or yorkshire dales early saturday. my problem now is when offering it up im struggling with eye releaf... i just cant win
You'll find scope adjustment will be required m8.

Just got in from work and i've recieved a brand new accucover to replace the one were i had trouble with the flip button coming off! many thanks to Nick @ accucover,service with a smile!!:cool:

I own one of these. I think they have a revised model and fixed the cap button?. Anyway after using this cover for a few months now, I found if you dont try to use it, it works. If you force yourself to use it then its not brilliant but can still help eliminate scope shadow.

I own one of these. I think they have a revised model and fixed the cap button?. Anyway after using this cover for a few months now, I found if you dont try to use it, it works. If you force yourself to use it then its not brilliant but can still help eliminate scope shadow.

I have two, and they both work just fine...

Back