• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

advice on Day bag

I recently got one of these packs myself, courtesy of Richard (Jaffcat) on here.

It is a cracking little pack.

You can get a water bottle in one of the side pockets, a mess tin (with a hexi inside it) in the other and an FAK in the front pouch. The main compartment is big enough to accommodate a hammock, a tarp, a light weight sleeping bag, a poncho liner (which I use as an underblanket), fire kit, food, knives/ tools and other odds and sods. Although not what you are intending, as the contents I have just listed may suggest, I've managed to get out for an overnighter using this pack. So unless you intend to carry tons of gear with you in your daytime activities, it should be more than adequate as a day sack.

The one thing I think you should be aware of with this pack is, it does not have a waist strap, only shoulder straps. Not an issue for me, as I have always been primarily a shoulder hauler and rarely bother buckling the waist straps on the packs I have that have them, only doing so if the bottom of the pack is flapping about and annoying me. THE BCB pack seems to have been designed to avoid flappage, which is good, but if you are not a shoulder hauler like me, walking any distance with this pack my not agree with you.

Hope that helps.

Atb.

Colin

Thanks colin for the review i have decided to buy it and it would not bother me about the waist strap.
most of the time it would probably just be hanging of one shoulder LOL i know this is probably a stupid question but what is a FAK :confused:
atvb
lyndon

Back