• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Afloat again...

Would love to hear about that????
Bawdsey Manor was taken over by the RAF and was one of Watson Watts first experimental radar stations in fact the original tower was still there when I worked there. Early mornings beautiful in good weather because we had access to the tower in the main house and would sit on top and watch the sum rise. It was also at Bawdsey that o caught my first bass fishing for whiting tiny sliver of mackerel for bait size 6 hook 10lb bass

Reactions: Bam
You'd be lucky to see a 10lb bass now.......
Where you there with the RAF or in a private capacity?

For anyone visiting the area ( camping in Rendlesham forest?) Bawdsey as well as beautiful is well worth a visit........
(or indeed visiting by boat?)

You'd be lucky to see a 10lb bass now.......
Where you there with the RAF or in a private capacity?

For anyone visiting the area ( camping in Rendlesham forest?) Bawdsey as well as beautiful is well worth a visit........
(or indeed visiting by boat?)
I was there after the RAF left Lol. Just after my marriage broke down I rented a small cottage in rendlesham forest just up the road from Orford, a real nightmare driving in the dark because of the suicidal deer. The forest was very badly smashed up in the 87 storm

Reactions: lol
Back