• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Afternoon

Brambling

Very Addicted
Afternoon everyone, Brambling here.
Bam pointed me in this direction and I've finally registered. Been a keen camper for many years and until a few years ago was backpacking hither and there.
As an old girl now, age, a bad back and creaking knees now mean I need a trolley to carry my gear. I still get out and about and will be meeting up with Bam in the autumn. I have far too much kit and I also have a bit of a stove problem.
Love dehydrating and preserving, as well as baking and gardening. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

:welcome:

We wrote in this thread some thoughts together about lightweight equipment.

If you have a problem with your back, you should have a look there!

But the stuff I recommended there often is a compromise, looking at the price, the weight, and durability. And it all is green or in other nature colours.

There are a lot of offers at the market, wich are far lighter but more expensive. A few exist in female sizes too, what of course saves weight. Some exist only in bright colours like white, yellow and orange.

But if the question is if you have to stay green at home or continue hiking a bit more coloured, probably the lightest equipment should be the first choice, and than the colour doesn't really matter.

If you like, I offer you to tell you a hiking equipment, that is so light that you surely will have no problems to carry it.
It would be an ultra light trekking equipment in your sizes.

Thanks for the welcome.:)

@Erbswurst . I do not backpack anymore for medical reasons so lightweight does not interest me in the slightest. I have a great set up that over the years has changed with my needs that works for me and after more than 40 years camping I won't be changing it any time soon.:) Thanks anyway

Last edited:
Good to see you here missus, pull up a bollard, never mind waiting to Autumn, you were on about coming up in June were you not. Devilla is beckoning ....

Us civilised folk in sunny Alba can wild camp where we like.... Freedum etc.

Remember the smidge then. A couple more degrees and they'll be oot! :)

Good point although where I'm thinking of heading we should be ok, there's no water on our doorstep. That's not to say there's no beasties and I've come out (steady) looking like the elephant man before now due to the bites, beastie juice and headnet/gloves might be rig of the day.

Afternoon everyone, Brambling here.
Bam pointed me in this direction and I've finally registered. Been a keen camper for many years and until a few years ago was backpacking hither and there.
As an old girl now, age, a bad back and creaking knees now mean I need a trolley to carry my gear. I still get out and about and will be meeting up with Bam in the autumn. I have far too much kit and I also have a bit of a stove problem.
Love dehydrating and preserving, as well as baking and gardening. Look forward to getting to know everyone.
welcome to the family

Back